This guide is about the Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this guide Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes.
Apple took the feature of buying a ringtone from iTunes 10 for some reason, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have custom ringtones. You can make your own free iPhone ringtones directly in iTunes 10, iTunes 11, and iTunes 1 This is the best way to go because you don’t have to purchase other software or pay for services to create the files. Don’t download or pay for one of the iPhone ringtone maker apps, just launch iTunes and follow this guide, it’s easy to do and completely free.
How to Make an iPhone Ringtone in iTunes |
If you’ve made an iPhone ringtone before you’re familiar with the process. This works in the same way for the Mac and Windows versions of iTunes 10, iTunes 11, and iTunes 12:
- Launch iTunes as usual, if you haven’t already
- Find and select the song you want to make a ringtone in iTunes (maybe you want to make a copy of it, that’s your job) and note down the part of the song you want to make a ringtone
- Right-click on the song name and select ‘Get Info’, then click on the Settings tab
- Select the playing time of the song you want as the ringtone and make sure it is 30 seconds
- Now click “OK” and then right-click on the song and select “Create AAC Version” to create a new version of the song every 30 seconds
- Locate this newly created 30-second clip from iTunes (at the top of the playlist if you search by ‘add date’ and right-click the file and then select View in Finder.
- Now in the Finder (or Windows Explorer, the process is the same in Windows iTunes 10), rename the file extension from .m4a to .m4r
- Accept the file extension as .m4r
- Now delete the file back from the playlist in iTunes (DO NOT move to Trash, select ‘keep file’) and then double-click the .m4r file in the Finder or Windows to re-import the file into iTunes 10.
- The file is now added back to iTunes as a ringtone and you can do whatever you want with it
- Sync it with iPhone and assign custom iPhone ringtones to contacts as usual
Enjoy your free iPhone ringtones!
Quick thing: The iPhone ringtone must have a .m4r extension to recognize it, and it must be less than 30 seconds to work properly. This distinguishes iPhone ringtones from Android ringtones, which can access .m4a or .mp3 files without additional conversion. Remember that the .m4r file is the same as the .m4a audio file, except that the file extension has been changed to represent the ringtone.
If you used iTunes 9 to make custom iPhone ringtones, the process is very similar.
Updated 2/16/2014 to reflect small changes to creating ringtones in iTunes 11
Benefits: Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes
- The Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes guide is free.
FAQ: Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes
Guide about Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes
In this guide, I told you about the Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes.
How this Guide helping you?
In this guide, I discuss about the Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes, which is very helpful.
What are the supported devices for this guide?
Apple Devices only.
What are the supported Operating system?
mac OS or iOS
Final note: Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes
If you have any queries regards the Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.