We can paste data in a number of different ways into Microsoft Excel. But sometimes the process of pasting data into a picture doesn’t work right. This article will show you seven ways to Fix Microsoft Excel Cannot Paste the Data Error as a picture.” If you are also interested, stay with us until the end.
Some users have seen a mistake when they paste numbers into an Excel cell. The full error message looks like this Excel can’t copy and paste the data. This error doesn’t only happen with one kind of data. The error can happen when you copy information from a text editor or from the web.
Fix: Microsoft Excel Cannot Paste the Data Error
Restart the PC in Clean Boot State
- Start by typing MSConfig into the Run box.
- Uncheck the Load Startup Items box under “General > Selective Startup” in the menu bar.
- Hide all Microsoft offerings from the “Services” tab, so order to block any unnecessary starting attempts, and then select “Open Task Manager” from the “Startup” tab.
- Disable all startup processes using this window and return to the “System Configuration” window to save your changes.
Run Microsoft’s Automatic Repair
- Open a file: Go to the File menu and choose “Open“.
- Right-click on the damaged worksheet and choose “Copy to Clipboard“.
- The corrupted workbook may be selected in the Open dialog box by clicking on it.
- Right-click on Open, and then choose “Open and Repair“.
- You may use Repair to get back as much of the information as feasible. If Repair doesn’t work, choose “Extract Data” to get the workbook’s values and formulae.
Use Paste Special Option
- Copy the data from the source Excel sheet.
- Open the sheet where you want to paste the data.
- Right-click on any cell.
- Click “Paste Special”.
- Choose a dedicated setting to successfully paste your data.
Check the Merge Cell
- First, copy the data from the source Excel sheet.
- Now, open the sheet where you want to paste and data and right-click on any cell. Click “Paste Special” and choose a dedicated setting to successfully paste your data.
- Once the cells are unmerged, you’ll be able to copy the data without any interruption.
Why is my paste not working in Excel?
Most of the time, the Microsoft Excel error happens when you try to copy a range of data from one Excel workbook to another. This could prevent you from pasting data into the workbook. Another possibility is that some of the cells in your Excel sheet are locked, which makes it impossible to paste data into them. Click the Review tab and then click Protect Sheet to find out if any cells are locked. If there are any locked cells, you can open them by selecting them and then clicking on Unprotect Sheet.
The solution is to make sure that the workbooks are opened in the same instance of Excel. The easiest way to do this is to make sure that once the first workbook is open, you open the second workbook by using the Open tool on the toolbar or by choosing File | Open.
Malware or viruses can corrupt or disable the clipboard. A large clipboard history that hasn’t been cleared recently can cause problems. A faulty keyboard or mouse may not allow you to copy or paste correctly. Corrupt system files or drivers can interfere with the clipboard.
Click the first cell in the area where you want to paste what you copied. On the Home tab, under Edit, click Paste, and then click Paste Special. Paste all cell contents and formatting, including linked data. Paste only the formulas as entered in the formula bar.