Fix Microsoft Store Error 0x800704CF: You can download your favorite apps, games, movies, and even TV shows from Microsoft Store. It makes getting new apps not only easier, but safer as well. But, like all apps, the Microsoft Store app can have problems.
The Microsoft Store error 0x800704cf is one of these annoying errors. The error code says, “You will need the internet for this,” so the problem is with the network. When the Microsoft Store can’t connect to the servers, it gives the error 0x800704cf.
7 Ways to Fix: Microsoft Store Error 0x800704CF
Repair and Reset the Microsoft Store App
- Windows has two troubleshooting options for fixing Microsoft Store when it’s not working right.
- Those Repair and Reset options can resolve all kinds of app bugs and corruption errors.
- So, those options could feasibly resolve error 0x800704CF for some users.
- Check out our guide about how to reset apps in Windows for details about how to apply this resolution.
Reset Your PC’s Network
- Network reset: Erases saved connection details.
- Ensure you have your network password handy.
- Follow our how to reset your network settings on Windows guide for Windows 11.
- Apply the possible error 0x800704CF solution in Windows 11.
- Fortunately, the steps for Windows 10 are the same.
Sign in with Microsoft Account
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Choose Accounts.
- Select the link that states Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
- Input your credentials and follow the onscreen instructions to switch to Microsoft account.
Disable Client for Microsoft Network
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, type
ncpa.cpland hit Enter to open Network Connections window.
- Right-click on the running WiFi or Ethernet and choose Properties.
- Uncheck Client for Microsoft Network.
- Click OK button.
- Restart your device.
Uninstall and reinstall Network Adapter
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Double-click the Network adapters.
- Find the WiFi or ethernet device active on your PC.
- Right-click the same and select the Uninstall device.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
- Reboot your computer.
Reset Store Cache
- Press the Windows key + X and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin)
- Right-click on that and Run as administrator
- Type in wsreset.exe and press Enter
Run the Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter
- Click Additional troubleshooters if you can’t see them listed
- Scroll down to find Windows Store Apps
- Click and select Run the troubleshooter
Error code 0x800704cf is a Windows error code that often appears when trying to access Microsoft services. It typically indicates a problem with the Windows Firewall, or with the network configuration of the device.
These can include issues with the network, the Windows Store cache, or the app itself. Resetting the Microsoft Store cache, resetting the network, updating Windows, or reinstalling the app are all possible solutions to this problem.
To do this, open the Settings app, select “Apps” and then find “Microsoft Store” in the list of apps. Select “Advanced Options”, choose “Reset”, and then confirm. This should reset the Store and clear any corrupted data that could be preventing download from occurring.