The fan-favorite Minecraft survival sandbox gets a new spin in the form of the action-strategy video game Minecraft Legends. Due to the fact that this spin-off places a greater emphasis on strategy and short-term planning, the player in Legends takes a back seat to Control Mobs in Minecraft Legends.
This gives players the opportunity to direct and control mobs in a manner similar to that of a general commanding a smaller army. Players of Minecraft Legends, on the other hand, have the ability to control mobs from a third-person perspective, rather than from a top-down perspective as they would in a traditional real-time strategy game.
Mobs are an essential component in Minecraft Legends, both in the fight against the Piglin invaders and in the elimination of the various hostile outposts that spawn across the Overworld. If players want to be as effective and efficient as possible in Minecraft Legends’ real-time strategy gameplay, they need to learn the fundamentals of the game’s RTS mechanics, including how to properly control and direct mobs. For the purposes of this guide, our primary control scheme will consist of an Xbox controller in conjunction with the default PC keyboard binds.
How To Control Mobs in Minecraft Legends
In Minecraft Legends, the process of giving orders to your mobs and controlling what they do can be described as a bit hazy. However, it is essential to keep in mind that the orders you give are only communicated to the mobs that are physically close to you.
|X||Rally||Have all nearby mobs follow you|
|Y||Quick Direct||Put down a flag a short way ahead that all nearby mobs head towards|
|RT (Hold)||Banner View||Select target and/or location|
|RT (Hold) + B||Charge||Send one mob to the area selected, attacking any enemy they encounter|
|RT (Hold) + B (Hold)||Group Charge||Send all mobs to the area selected, attacking any enemy they encounter|
|RT (Hold) + Y||Focus Target||Send one mob to attack the specific location, enemy or building selected|
|RT (Hold) + Y (Hold)||Group Focus Target||Send all mobs to attack the specific location, enemy or building selected|
|RT (Hold) + D-pad||Type Select||Choose a specific type of mob for either the Charge or Focus Target, or group variant orders|
Tools and Weapons for Mob Control
- Bow and arrows: A bow and arrows are a ranged weapon that can be used to attack mobs from a distance. This is a good option for mobs that are difficult to reach or that can deal a lot of damage in close combat.
- Trident: A trident is another ranged weapon that can be used to attack mobs. It has a unique ability called Channeling, which can be used to summon lightning to strike mobs.
- Shield: A shield can be used to block attacks from mobs. This is a good way to protect yourself from damage while you are attacking mobs.
- Water bucket: A water bucket can be used to create a source of water, which can be used to drown mobs. This is a particularly effective way to deal with large groups of mobs.
- Lava bucket: A lava bucket can be used to create a source of lava, which can be used to burn mobs. This is a very effective way to kill mobs, but it is also dangerous to the player, so it should be used with caution.
- TNT: TNT is an explosive that can be used to damage or kill mobs. It is particularly effective against large groups of mobs or against mobs that are difficult to reach.
Overview of Mobs in Minecraft Legends
Mojang Studios, the company that made Minecraft, has made a new action-action-adventure game called Minecraft Legends. The game takes place in the same world as Minecraft, but the story and gameplay are different. One of the best things about Minecraft Legends is that you can tell mobs what to do. Mobs can be added to a player’s army and used to fight enemies, build structures, and gather resources.
|Minecraft Legends system requirements||Minimum||Recommended|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 3 1200||Intel Core i7-4790K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 570||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super or AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|Storage||15 GB||20 GB|
|Operating System||Windows 10 or later||Windows 11|
- Zombies: Zombies move slowly and aren’t very strong, but they are also very tough. They can take damage and soak up hits well.
- Skeletons: Skeletons are enemies that can attack from a long way away. They can be used to annoy other players and keep them away.
- Pillagers: These enemies are smart and can use tools and weapons. They can attack both players and their bases.
- Hoglins: Hoglins are enemies that are aggressive and will attack players as soon as they see them. They can hurt the enemy and mess up their formations.
- Regal Tigers: Players can ride Regal Tigers, which are strong mounts. They are good for charging into battle and hurting enemies.
That said, Minecraft Legends is far from the likes of Halo Wars. Controls are decently enough for a real-time strategy game on a console. But if you want a better experience, especially for multiplayer, a keyboard and mouse will feel much better.
One of the minions was able to float all the way up into space without being affected by the lack of oxygen. It has been demonstrated that minions are excellent swimmers. Based on Kevin’s response to Tina, it appears that they might be able to breathe underwater.
The Warrior is the most powerful mob in Minecraft Legends and deals the most damage out of all the different types of units. Players are able to gather this mob from Villages at no additional cost, effectively increasing the power of their armies each time they do so. Another benefit of this mob is that it does not consume any resources.