In this article we will discuss about how to Perform Netsh Winsock Reset on Windows. the As an important part of network communication, the Winsock catalog sets up connections that make it easy for your Windows 10 computer to send and receive data from other networks. But over time, the Winsock catalog can get messed up, which can make it hard to connect to a network.
To understand why the Winsock catalog is important on your Windows 10 computer, you need to know what Winsock is and how it works. You also need to know how useful it is, what its benefits are, how it could be abused, and how important it is to solve problems that may come up.
If you don’t know what a “Winsock” is or how it works, you should look it up before going any further. A stable and reliable network connection is one of the best things about having a healthy Winsock catalog. The Winsock catalog makes it easy to browse the web, get to shared files, and talk to servers in other places.
What is Winsock?
Winsock is an application programming interface (API) that is based on the Berkeley UNIX Sockets interface. It helps different network protocols communicate between applications, such as a web browser, and real network devices. Below is a great diagram that shows where the Winsock wsock32.dll library fits in the Windows networking stack.
Winsock stores its settings in a database called the Winsock catalog. It also works as an API. In Windows 10, the catalog holds both namespace providers and base service providers. Namespace providers provide a map between Winsock and a service like DNS, while base service providers give information about network protocols like TCP/IP.
Why Would You Need to Reset Winsock?
Winsock is an application programming interface (API) that works between programs like a web browser and underlying communication protocols like TCP/IP. In a database called the Winsock Catalog, Winsock stores settings that are important to how these applications and communications work together.
Malware or an accident could cause the Winsock catalog to become damaged. No matter what causes the corruption, it’s likely that applications on one PC won’t be able to connect to the internet. You might see vague, unhelpful messages telling you that your application “could not connect,” or you might see more specific error messages about sockets.
How to Perform Netsh Winsock Reset on Windows
- Open the command line as an administrator.
- Type this command and hit the Enter key:
- netsh winsock reset is the command.
- What should be sent back is a message like:
- The Winsock Catalog has been reset successfully.
- You have to restart the computer to finish.
- Turn your computer back on.
Benefits of Performing Netsh Winsock Reset
- It can fix problems with how a network connects. If you can’t connect to the internet, a Netsh Winsock reset might help.
- It can make the internet work better. In some cases, a Netsh Winsock reset can improve how well the internet works.
- It can fix DNS problems. Using Netsh Winsock reset can sometimes help fix DNS problems.
- It can get rid of Winsock entries that are wrong. Winsock is a part of Windows that manages connections to networks. Connecting to a network can sometimes be hard because of corrupt Winsock entries. By running Netsh Winsock reset, you can get rid of these bad entries.
The netsh winsock reset command will return important network settings to their defaults, which often fixes these network problems. In this article, you’ll learn how to reset the Winsock catalog, which is a database of network settings that can be affected by wrong settings or malware.
For Windows devices, the Winsock reset command lets your device and the network talk to each other again. The int ip reset command rewrites the rules that devices use to connect to the internet, putting them back to how they were when they were first made.
Network shell (netsh) is a command-line utility that lets you set up and check the status of different network communications server roles and components that have been installed on Windows Server computers.