It has been impossible to Play Fortnite on iPhone or iPad ever since Apple removed the game from the App Store in the midst of an ongoing legal dispute with Epic Games. However, the battle royale game is now playable on iOS devices thanks to the Xbox Cloud Gaming service that is offered by Microsoft. Continue reading to find out how to get Fortnite installed and running on the service; the article also explains how the service itself functions.
In August of 2020, Apple removed the popular game Fortnite from the App Store because the game’s developer, Epic Games, had added a direct payment option to the game, which was against the terms of service for the App Store. However, if you want to play Fortnite on your iPhone or iPad, the good news is that the Xbox Cloud Gaming service now supports Fortnite. This means that you can play on your iOS device using Safari or another browser. If you don’t want to play Fortnite on your iOS device, the bad news is that you can’t play it on your iOS device.
You don’t need to download and install any game data to your iOS device because the Xbox Cloud Gaming service lets you play games streamed from a remote server via a web app. Additionally, some games, such as Fortnite, are completely free to play on the Xbox Cloud Gaming service. This service is currently available in 26 countries. (There are many in-app purchases available within the game, but making them is in no way required to progress).
System Requirements for Playing Fortnite on iOS Devices
As of right now, you can’t get Fortnite on an iOS device. Apple wouldn’t let Epic Games get around the App Store’s payment system, so in August 2020, Epic Games took Fortnite off the App Store. The case between Epic Games and Apple is still going on. But there are ways to use cloud gaming services to play Fortnite on an iOS device. One of these is Xbox Cloud Gaming, which lets you stream Fortnite from Microsoft’s servers to your iPhone or iPad. You need a Microsoft account and an iOS device that works with Xbox Cloud Gaming.
- iOS version 14.4 or later
- A compatible iOS device with at least 4GB of RAM
- A stable internet connection with at least 10Mbps download speed
How to Play Fortnite on iPhone or iPad
using Amazon Luna
- Use your Safari browser to go to the Amazon Luna page.
- Sign in to your account on Amazon.
- Look for Fortnite on the main page of Luna.
- Click on the game and hit the “Start” button.
- Use Amazon Luna to play Fortnite on your iPhone.
using GeForce Now
- Start the Safari browser, since this feature is only available on Safari right now.
Go to the official page for GeForce Now.
Follow the steps to get the GeForce Now web app to show up on your Home Screen. Need some help? Use our helpful guide to add a website to the Home Screen of your iPhone.
- After you finish setting up, open the GeForce Now web app.
- Then you have to tap “Agree & Continue” and go to “Browse Games.”
- Sign in with an account you already have or make a new one to move forward.
- If this is your first time logging in, make sure to check your ID as directed.
- Find Fortnite and tap “Play” to start playing.
- Choose a plan based on what you want. The free plan is best for this guide.
- Follow the steps on the screen to link your Epic account.
- Allow the game to do what it needs to do by clicking “Allow,” then wait patiently for the game to load.
via the App Store
- Open App Store.
- Tap your profile photo at the top right.
- Select Purchased.
- Now, search for Fortnite.
- Tap the download icon next to Fortnite to install it again.
Tips and Tricks for Success in Fortnite Mobile
- Find out about the weapons and tools. In Fortnite, there are many different weapons and items, and each one has its own pros and cons. Learn how to use each weapon well and how to combine them with other items to make powerful combos.
- Be aware of what’s going on around you. Keep an eye on the map and the mini-map to keep track of where you and other players are. This will keep enemies from catching you off guard.
- Make sound work for you. Fortnite is a game that relies a lot on sound, so use it to your advantage to follow other players and know when they are close.
- Talk to the people on your team. When you play on a team, it’s important to talk to your other players. This will help you stay safe and keep track of your attacks.
- Don’t stop trying. Don’t give up, even if you die early on. If you keep practicing and learning, you will get better over time. So, if you want to learn more about the game and download it, you can go to the official website.
Check the Epic Games Server Status page to see if everything is working. If the problem you’re having is caused by a system-wide problem or outage, you won’t be able to connect to Fortnite until the problem is fixed.
Tens of thousands of people can play Fortnite at the same time. It also means that all those players can cause servers to be too busy and slow down the game. A gaming VPN can help because it gives you access to a huge number of fast servers that are perfect for playing Fortnite.
It’s easy and free. Epic Games didn’t have an easy time making a stable game with a simple interface that makes it easy for new players to join in the fun. Also, Fortnite is free, which is a much better deal than PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, which is its main rival.