If you want to Play Roblox on Chromebook. Users who switch from a Windows PC to a Chromebook find it hard to get used to the fact that they can’t play their favorite games on the Chromebook. But thanks to Linux support, a lot has changed in the past few years. Now, you can play most Windows games through Steam on Chrome OS or the Play Store.
We just told you how to play Minecraft on Chromebook, and now we’re going to tell you how to run Roblox on your computer. In 2023, it’s easy to install Roblox and play it on a Chromebook. You don’t have to do a lot of hacks and tweaks. You can now even play Roblox on Chromebooks at school. So let’s get right to the steps and not waste any more time. No matter if your Chromebook supports the Play Store or not, you can play Roblox on it.
The Android app is much better, and it also has a pretty good frame rate. If your school gives you a Chromebook and the Play Store is locked, you can still play Roblox on it by using the Chrome browser. We’ve written about both ways below, so feel free to check them out.
What Is Roblox?
If you are putting Roblox on a Chromebook for a child in your family, you may be wondering what Roblox is. Simply put, Roblox is a place where people can make games that other people can then play. So, if you or someone you know wants to be part of a huge online community of like-minded creators and gamers, it is a great idea to download Roblox on your Chromebook. There aren’t many popular games for Chromebook, but there are a lot of people on Roblox and a lot of free games to play.
|Genre||Online virtual playground|
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, macOS, Fire OS, Android TV, Amazon Luna|
|Release date||1 September 2006|
|Download on Google Play Store and iOS Store|
System Requirements for Playing Roblox on a Chromebook
- Operating system: Chrome OS version 53 or higher
- Processor: Intel Celeron N3350 or equivalent
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 400 or equivalent
- Storage: 16GB or more of storage
How to Play Roblox on Chromebook
- Click the collection at the bottom right of the taskbar.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Tap Apps.
- Click Turn On in the Google Play Store section. My system already has this feature turned on, so the specific button is missing from the screenshot.
- Follow the steps shown on the screen to give the right permissions. The Google Play Store will be added to your Chromebook without you having to do anything.
Keyboard and Mouse Controls for Roblox on Chromebook
- WASD: Move the character forward, backward, left, and right.
- Spacebar: Jump.
- Left Shift: Sprint.
- E: Interact with objects or players.
- Q: Reload your weapon.
- Tab: Switch weapons.
- Mouse: Look around and aim.
- Left Mouse Button: Shoot or interact with objects.
- Right Mouse Button: Zoom in or out.
Tips for an Optimal Roblox Experience on Chromebook
- Close any other apps that are running in the background. Roblox is a game that uses a lot of resources, so if you have other apps running in the background, you may notice some lag or stuttering.
- Connect with a wire. If you can, you should use a wired connection to connect your Chromebook to the internet. This will make the connection more stable and cut down on lag.
- Lower the settings for the graphics. If you are still having lag, you can try lowering the settings for graphics in Roblox. This will make your Chromebook’s hardware work better and put less stress on it.
- Update the software on your Chromebook. Make sure the Chrome OS on your Chromebook is the most recent version. This will make sure that you have the latest fixes for bugs and improvements to how well the program works.
What’s needed. Before you can use Roblox on your Chromebook, make sure that Chrome OS is up to date and that the Google Play store is turned on in your device’s settings. This is because the Chromebook uses the Android version of our Mobile App. Note: Bluetooth mice and other Bluetooth pointing devices do not work with the Roblox app.
When you play Roblox on a device that isn’t very powerful, the visuals often stutter and jump around. In this case, you should check the level of your Roblox graphics. You can open the in-game menu by pressing the Esc key while you are playing. Under the GRAPHICS tab, you can see how good Roblox’s graphics are.