Here’s everything you need to know about Recover Hacked Facebook Account that has been hacked, whether it was stolen or you just want to make it safer. You try to get on Facebook to wish a friend a happy birthday, but something isn’t right. You want to know how to fix a Facebook account that has been hacked.
We hope you’ll never find out that someone has hacked or taken over your Facebook account. It’s a terrible feeling. Having your Facebook account hacked is very annoying, and it can lead to confusion. But some hackers go even further and delete the account. That’s why it’s important to know How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account.
If this happened more than 30 days ago, your only choice is to make a new account. It’s not fun to log into Facebook and find that your account has been hacked. But it does happen, and the damage can be a big deal for you and your friends and family.
Recover Hacked Facebook if Password was Changed
- Open up your computer’s browser and go to facebook.com. Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Type in your old login information and click or tap the Log In button.
- Then, Facebook will show you a screen that says you entered the wrong password.
- Click or tap on “I forgot my password.”
- Check the email account you linked to your Facebook account. Select Email code, then click Continue.
- A six-digit code will be sent to you in an email. Type the Security Code into the field provided, then click or tap on Continue.
- After that, you’ll be asked to make a new password for your account. Enter the new passphrase. Be sure it’s a good one. Use special characters, a mix of capital and lowercase letters, and some numbers as well.
- Tap or click the button that says Continue.
- Next, you’ll see a message that tells you when your account will be deleted if you don’t stop the deletion. Remember that after that date, there will be no way to get better.
Recover Hacked Facebook if Password Not Changed
- Open your computer’s browser and type in https://facebook.com. Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Then, type in your email address and password. If you used to sign in with your phone number, type it in this time.
- Click or tap the button that says Log In.
- If you’re successful, you should be able to see all your contacts, photos, posts, and other things, as long as the hacker didn’t delete them.
How to Recover Facebook if You Can’t Access Email
- Start a browser on your computer or the Facebook app on your phone or tablet.
- Click on your profile picture on the mobile app and go straight to Step 4. If you’re on a PC, go to Step 3.
- Type in your last password. Facebook will let you stop the deletion of your account if the hacker hasn’t changed it. Step 5 is next.
- Type in the last password you used on your phone. Facebook will show you the “Confirm Your Identity” message if everything checks out. Tap Get Going. Then you’ll see a message telling you when your account was going to be deleted.
- Tap the Cancel Deletion button on the browser or the Yes, Continue to Facebook button on the mobile app.
Recover Hacked Facebook Via Phone
- Start up the app for Facebook on Android phone or iPhone.
- Choose the option to Find Your Account.
- Check the box next to Confirm via SMS, then tap the Continue button.
- Copy the SMS code, then paste it into the field and tap Continue.
- Make up a new password, and then tap Continue again.
- Tap Get Started on the screen that asks you to confirm your identity.
- To stop the account from being deleted, choose “Yes, Continue to Facebook.”
Recover Hacked Facebook Via PC
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to facebook.com.
- Type in the last set of credentials that worked, and then click the Log In button.
- Click Find your account and log in on the next screen.
- In the search box, type in your email address. If the email search doesn’t work, enter the phone number associated with your account.
- Check the box next to Send code via SMS.
- When you get the text, copy the code and paste it into the right box. Then click Continue.
- Type in a new password, then click the Continue button.
- Choose “Cancel Delete.”
How a Facebook account gets hacked
Your information could get out in two main ways, and both have to do with data breaches. In the first scenario, Facebook has a data breach, like the one that happened last year and put the accounts of more than 530 million users at risk. There isn’t much you can do to stop a breach like that. But you can stop the other reason why your Facebook account gets hacked. It comes down to a simple mistake in the password.
If you reuse passwords, hackers could easily get into your Facebook account after breaking into the data of another company. Cleary says, “People use the same password for Facebook and other sites, so if a small company has a security breach, your password is exposed.” “Cybercriminals try that password on other sites, like social media apps.”
What happens if your Facebook account is hacked?
Your hacked Facebook account could also send unwanted emails, change your profile information, or even change your email address and password. All of these are bad things that you should try to avoid. Another common way to hack Facebook is to send your friends messages through Messenger that tell them to click on a link.
Can Facebook help with hacked account?
If someone got into your personal account, you can take steps to make it safer. If your friend’s account has been hacked and they can’t get in, please show them the Hacked Accounts section of the Help Center so we can help. They can also start to protect their account by going to this page.