This blog is about the Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this blog Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial. If your answer is yes then please do share.
The Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial
Everyone took a video upside down at some point. Even though it’s intentional, you might want to rotate your video. You can do this on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and MacBook with a program called iMovie.
This program is available on the official App Store and the official Apple website. You can download it for free and use it right away. There are plenty of other third-party apps for rotating videos, but iMovie is Apple’s own solution.
This article will teach you how to use iMovie on your iPhone and Mac to easily rotate your videos.back to menu ↑
How to Rotate Videos in iMovie on iPhone and iPad
Before you begin, note that you need iOS version 9.3 or newer for iMovie to work. These instructions are suitable for iMovie 10. Once you have downloaded the app and updated it to the latest version for your device, you can do the following:
- Launch iMovie on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select Create Project, then choose Movie.
- Select the video you want to edit from the Camera Roll.
- Choose Create Movie.
- Then select Edit.
- Hold the top of your screen (where the video is) with two fingers. Rotate your fingers without lifting them off the screen. The video will move when you move your fingers. You can rotate it in 90 degree increments clockwise or counterclockwise.
- Confirm by tapping Done when finished.
- You can then record the video. Select Share, then Save Video, and finally select the export size (video quality varies from 360 to 1080p)
- The video will be saved to your library, where you can access it using the Photos app.
back to menu ↑
How to rotate videos in iMovie on Mac
Every Mac already has iMovie installed when you buy it. You can also use iMovie to rotate videos from older iPhone models, like iPhone 7 and earlier versions. No preparation is required; Just follow these steps to rotate videos in iMovie on Mac:
- Start iMovie on your Mac.
- Click Create New, then select Movie.
- Click Import Media and select the video you want to edit. Confirm with OK.
- Select the video in the Media pane.
- Select the Crop option on the preview screen.
- You can now choose between Clockwise Rotation and Counterclockwise Rotation options. Similar to the iOS version, the video will rotate in 90 degree increments.
- Rotation can cause bars to appear at the top and bottom of the video. Select Crop and you can delete them.
- Pull on the handles and remove the bars. Confirm by clicking on the blue check mark.
- Finally, you can save your edited video. You need to select Share, then File, choose a name for the file and choose the folder where you want to save it.
Note that the Mac version of iMovie may reduce the video quality if you rotate it. On the other hand, the iOS version does not affect the video quality.
back to menu ↑
iMovie may soon become obsolete
Many Apple fans can’t wait for the iOS 13 update, which is just around the corner. This cutting-edge operating system will power the new iPods, iPads and iPhones and take them to a new level of performance.
The update expected to arrive in the fall will bring tons of cool new features for free. The photo and video editing features will be revamped and allow you to rotate videos without iMovie.
Most likely, we will see this feature built into the camera app. In addition, the lighting that is already amazing is going to be even better, thanks to the advanced customization options planned for iOS 13.
Finally, there will be a dark mode that changes according to your needs, but also the time of day and the ambient light. Some apps already have dark mode, but this update should provide the system-wide solution.
A ton of new features are promised. IOS devices are expected to get even faster with iOS 13, there will be plenty of new customization options, as well as app revisions.back to menu ↑
Catch yourself from the opposite side
Taking a video upside down can be frustrating, but you can easily fix it on any Apple device. Fortunately, iMovies is a great video editing tool that helps you rotate videos, crop them, and more. Do you prefer to use it on your Mac, iPhone or iPad?
Are you also excited about updating the iOS 13 system? Tell us in the comments section below.back to menu ↑
Benefits: Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial
- The Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial guide is free.
FAQ: Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial
What is this blog about?
How this blog helping you?
back to menu ↑
Blog Conclusion: Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial
If you have any queries regards this blog about the Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Knowledge: This blog is just for knowledge purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about this blog or want to update it “Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add more tips: If anyone wants to add more tips related to this blog Rotate Videos in iMovie: Tips and Tutorial, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.