Hello everyone, today in this article we will show you how to quickly restore data and location access permissions on iPhone. This article is a personal safety resource for anyone who is concerned about or experiencing technological abuse, stalking, or harassment. It can help you sever digital ties with those you no longer want to deal with and illustrates the personal security features built into Apple devices. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Apple designed this feature with the safety of users who might experience domestic abuse or partner violence in mind. The feature will allow users to immediately review and remove any access granted to others. The feature has an emergency reset that will help users log out of iCloud on all their devices, reset privacy permissions, FaceTime, and even limit messaging to only the device they are holding. Users will also be able to control which apps and who they have given access to. Before proceeding, we recommend you to update iPhone
How to Use Safety Check feature on iOS 16
- Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Safety Check. You’ll see two features: Emergency Reset and Manage Sharing & Access.
- If you need to immediately cut off access to your accounts, select Emergency Reset. You may be asked for a Face ID or other ID to access it.
- Tap Start Emergency Reset to be guided through a quick process of protecting your data from people and apps, changing your Apple ID, and adding or removing emergency contacts.
- To do a more considered review of specific people and/or apps that you’d want to switch off, select Manage Sharing & Access. Again, you may be asked for an ID.
- Tap on the Continue button, and you’ll be guided to adjust who you are sharing apps with, which apps have access to your data, which devices are signed in with your Apple ID, and which phone numbers are used to verify your account. You will also be asked if you want to update your Apple ID password, add or subtract emergency contacts, or update your device passcode.
We hope you enjoy our article on how to use the iOS 16 Safety Check feature to quickly restore data and location access permissions on iPhone. Note that on each Safety Check page, a quick exit link in the upper right corner will immediately take you back to your homepage (in case you suspect someone is watching you while you use the feature). If you enjoyed our article, please share it with others.
I hope you understand this article, Safety Check: How to Quickly Reset Data or Location Access Permissions on iOS 16.