People are naturally curious, and most of us have picked up social media tech tips on the fly. There are some things that are easier to do because of the platforms themselves. Let’s look at Instagram as an example. Since it started in 2010, it has kept adding new features, like Instagram Stories and Instagram Notes, that have changed the way people talk to each other on the platform. And then there are the features that users want but can’t find easily in the app, like how to See Who Unfollowed you on Instagram
Since social media started, most people don’t ask “what is Instagram?” anymore. Instead, they ask more complicated questions, like if you can see who looks at your Instagram and how to tell if someone blocked you on Instagram. The next step in our social media skills is to learn how to see who stopped following you on Instagram. And look, the number of people who follow us isn’t important to most of us.
In fact, it can be bad for our mental health to worry too much about how many followers we have. What matters most is that the accounts we follow give us interesting, useful content. But if you’re using Instagram to build a brand or business, it’s important to have a growing list of followers. If your number of followers drops noticeably, it may be worth learning how to find out who unfollowed you on Instagram. If this is you, don’t worry. We have a step-by-step guide to help you find out if someone stopped following you.
How to See Who Unfollowed you on Instagram
- Open Instagram and sign in to your account.
- Go to the right-most bottom of your screen and click on “Profile.”
- Tap the list of people you follow at the top.
- Type the name of the account you think may have stopped following you into the search bar. If you don’t know the user’s name, you can look through the list to find them.
- Seeing them means that they are following you. If not, they aren’t following you or have stopped.
Use a Third-Party App
- Get the app on your iOS device and open it.
- Open your Instagram app and sign in.
- You’ll be taken to the app’s dashboard, where you can see different statistics, like the number of people who don’t follow you back and the number of people you’ve unfollowed.
- To see who has stopped following you, tap “Followers Lost.”
- From there, you can look at the list of accounts.’
- If you can’t see anything under “Followers Lost” but are sure you lost followers recently, press the “Reload” button in the upper-right corner.
- If it still doesn’t work, close the app properly and try to open it again.
Why Is Knowing Who Unfollowed You on Instagram Important?
- To identify and remove inactive or unengaged followers. If you are trying to grow your Instagram account, it is important to have a following of engaged users. If you have a lot of inactive or unengaged followers, it can make your account look less popular and make it more difficult to reach new users.
- To identify and remove users who may be harmful or abusive. Unfortunately, there are some users on Instagram who may engage in harmful or abusive behavior. If you know who unfollowed you, you can check to see if they are one of these users and block them if necessary.
- To track your account growth and engagement. Knowing who unfollowed you can help you to track your account growth and engagement over time. If you are seeing a lot of people unfollow you, it may be a sign that you need to adjust your content strategy or engagement tactics.
- To understand your target audience. Knowing who unfollowed you can help you to better understand your target audience. For example, if you notice that a lot of people from a certain demographic are unfollowing you, it may mean that your content is not resonating with them.
Is It Possible to See Who Unfollowed You on Instagram?
Instagram doesn’t have a built-in way to find out who has stopped following you. But there are a few apps and websites that can help you keep track of the people who stopped following you. Most of the time, these apps and websites work by linking to your Instagram account and keeping track of who follows you over time.
The app or website will let you know when someone stops following you. You should know that some of these apps and websites may not be safe or reliable. Before you use a third-party app or website to track the people who stop following you on Instagram, you should do some research.
“Go to the “More” tab on your profile page and click on “Followers” to see who is following you,” Vaughan said. “If you can’t find someone who is still on your “Friends” list, it means they stopped following you.”
You could also check your list of followers by hand. Go to your Instagram profile and click on “Followers” to do this. This will show you a list of everyone on Instagram who is following you. Then, you can compare this list to one you made before to see if anyone has stopped following you.
Is the app FollowMeter safe? FollowMeter’s safety will depend on how well it follows Instagram’s rules. When you use third-party apps like FollowMeter, you run the risk of breaking Instagram’s rules, which could cause problems with your account.