How to Share Audible Books; If you’ve ever listened to a great audiobook and thought, “we know someone who would love this,” you’re in luck: Audible has features that can help you do that. But it’s important to know that, depending on the person, your options for sharing those recordings for free may be limited.
Users have been able to send audiobooks to each other, which is great. After you buy an audiobook on Audible, you can give it to your family or friends. Then, your friends can get the books on Audible and listen to them. But if your friend doesn’t have an Audible account, he might not get the audiobooks. So, in this article, we’ll show you how to give your family and friends unlimited access to your Audible audiobooks.
How to Share Audible Books
via “Send this Book”
- Launch the Audible app from your Android phone or iPhone.
- If it is the first time you use it, it will prompt you to sign in with your Audible account name and password.
- Find the books you purchased in the ‘My Library‘ section.
- Then choose the target book and hit on the ‘three-dots’ icon next to it.
- Click the “Send this book” option.
- And then it will show you the option to share by “Email”, “Message” or “WhatsApp”.
- Input the recipient’s contact information and press “Send”.
via Audible Website
- Enter Audible.com and then sign in to your Audible account.
- Head to ‘Library’ and select ‘My Book’.
- Choose the book you want to share with your friends or family. Next, tap the ‘Send this Book’ option.
- You can enter your friends’ emails and then hit on the ‘Send’ button. After that, you will share Audible books with friends successfully.
Can you share Audible books?
In most circumstances, no. Audible used to have a feature called “Send this Book” that let you send books for free to other people. That feature was taken away in April 2021. The service does have a feature called Family Library Sharing, though. This lets you share Audible books and other books from Amazon with someone in your Amazon Household.
There are some other rules, though. You can only share audiobooks with the two adults in your Household. You can’t share anything from the Audible Plus catalog. First, you’ll need to set up an Amazon Household through the company’s website. The feature is only available in some places. For example, it is available in the US but not in Canada. Follow the steps in the guide we linked to. Know ahead of time that both adults will need their own Amazon and Audible accounts.
Here’s how to get started using AirDrop to transfer Audible books. Before you begin to transfer Audible books to iOS devices: Make sure that the iOS devices are nearby and within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. Set AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone in order to receive the file.
Family Library Sharing allows you to share your Amazon and Audible books with the other members of your Amazon Household. As an Audible member, this means you will be able to share any books in your library with the other member of your Amazon Household.