Here’s How to Share Google One Storage space with family or friends. You can add family members to Google One and share space with them. No matter which plan you choose, you can easily share your storage with others.
Google One is basically a new name for Google Drive, with new pricing tiers and a few other cool features. You can think of it as an improved version of Google Drive with a few more bells and whistles. If you can download this app, than you can visit on Google Play Store
How to Share Google One Subscription
- Go to the page for the Google family plan and click “Get started.”
- Then you need to go to your Google account and sign in. If you have more than one Google account, make sure you sign in with the one that has a Google One subscription.
- Tap Create Family Group next.
- Then, ask family members to join you. Up to five family members can come. Make sure they have an account with Google. Members who have been asked to join will get an email invitation. You’ll also know when they accept the invite.
Once you’ve set up your family group, you can then share your Google One storage with them.
- Google One account:
- Choose Settings from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Then click Family Settings.
- Click on Share Google One with family from the drop-down menu.
Benefits of Using Google One
By creating a family group or sharing a plan with an existing group, Google One users can share their storage plan with up to five more family members, for a total of six people.
As a Google One user, you can also share other Google One benefits with your family, such as access to Google Experts and Google One’s VPN (more on this later).
Google One gives access to VPN
Users with the 2TB plan or higher have access to Google One’s exclusive VPN, which Google says “will encrypt all of your online activity for an extra layer of protection wherever you’re connected.”
Android Back-Up Drive
Google One makes switching from one Android device to another much easier. With the Google One app, Android users can back up all of their phone’s data, including text messages, photos, videos, and device data, to the cloud.
Users can restore backed-up data to their new device by clicking on the Restore option during the Android setup process or by downloading the Google One app once the device is up and running and tapping on the Restore from Your Backup option under Settings.
What’s the difference between Google One and Google Drive? Google Drive is a storage service. Google One is a subscription plan that gives you more storage to use across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. Plus, with Google One, you get extra benefits and can share your membership with your family.
Yes, you can share your storage and benefits with your family group through the Google One app or a web browser. Keep in mind, some benefits can only be redeemed once, so if someone in your family group uses the benefit, it’s gone.
While both tools match up pretty well when it comes to security and administration, users report that OneDrive offers a bit more comfort and customization here. The tradeoff, however, is that OneDrive’s security features are a bit more complex than Google Drive’s default features.