Fix Spectrum App Not Working: The Spectrum TV App is a mobile app that lets users stream live TV and On-Demand content from their mobile devices for an extra fee. Users can also use DVR, schedule recordings, look at the channel guide, search for content, get their favorite shows, and so on. But it seems that some users are having trouble with the Spectrum app and the Wi-Fi connection.
The Spectrum TV app can be used with your Samsung Smart TV, Roku, Xbox One, Amazon Kindle Fire models, all Android tablets and smartphones, and Google Chromecast devices. This app is easy to use and lets you watch Spectrum TV on other devices, as long as they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and can stream video.
Fix: Spectrum App Not Working
Reset Your Router
- Sign in to your Spectrum account.
- Select the Services tab.
- Go to Internet > Services & Equipment.
- Select Experiencing Issues?.
- Then, select Reset Equipment.
Clear App Cache Data
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on the Storage menu.
- Tap on to the Other apps in the storage menu.
- A list will appear of the installed apps on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Spectrum TV app.
- Then a list of app information will appear. You will see a Clear Cache option. Tap on the Clear Cache option, and the process will complete.
Update the app to Fix Spectrum App Not Working
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Open the options menu on the upper left corner.
- From the options menu, tap on my games and apps.
- You will get the full list of apps which are installed on your Android Smartphone.
- Tap on the Spectrum TV app.
- The app information will appear. If an update is available to download, tap on the green update button. Your app will then begin to download and install the update.
Delete and reinstall the Spectrum app
- On the home screen, long tap on the Spectrum TV app on your smartphone.
- You will see the option to delete the app. Tap on the delete option.
- Head over to the Google Play Store.
- Search the Spectrum TV app on the search tab.
- You will see the Spectrum TV app info page. Tap on the green install button.
- Your Spectrum TV app will download and install on your Android phone.
Enable Location Services
To turn on location services on iOS
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to Privacy > Location Services.
- Turn Location Services on.
- Scroll down and find the Spectrum app.
- Set the location access to While Using The App so that the app can see where you are while stopping it from tracking your location all the time.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen.
- Press and hold the Location icon.
- Select App location permissions.
- Find the Spectrum app and select it.
- Set it to Allowed only while in use.
Reinstall the Spectrum TV App
- Go to the Smart TV’s Home screen
- Scroll to Settings
- Go to Device and then select Apps
- Click on Downloaded Apps and then on Spectrum TV
- Select Uninstall
- Click on OK
- Once the uninstallation is complete, go to Play Store
- Click on the Spectrum TV app and launch it
Power-Cycle Your Device
- Unplug the streaming device, your internet router, and the cable box from the power outlet
- Long press the Power button on each of these devices for 15 seconds
- Power on the devices
- Wait for the system to get connected to the internet
- Try streaming your favorite content with the Spectrum TV app
Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. If the issue remains unresolved, I’d recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support.
If you’re unable to connect your device to Wi-Fi: Try turning Wi-Fi OFF, and then back ON. This will help resolve most Wi-Fi issues. Ensure Wi-Fi is enabled and that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal.
If the Spectrum app isn’t working, you must restart your Samsung TV. Before unplugging your TV from the wall, wait a FULL 60 seconds. While you wait, press and hold the TV’s power button for 30 seconds. After one minute, reconnect the TV’s cable.
Open your Settings app and tap Network & internet or Connections. Depending on your device, these options may be different. Turn Wi-Fi off and mobile data on, and check if there’s a difference. If not, turn mobile data off and Wi-Fi on and check again.