This guide is about the How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this guide How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave.
If you participate in (or participated in) the MacOS Mojave Beta Testing Program and have since upgraded to the final version of Mojave, you may no longer want to receive beta software updates. If you disable beta updates in MacOS Mojave, you’re sure your Mac will only get the final stable build of future macOS releases instead of any ongoing beta testing architecture.
Stopping beta software updates is recommended for most MacOS users who participated in the MacOS Mojave Beta Program at any casual level, especially for public beta users. If you are a developer who uses beta system software for testing, this may not apply to you.
Learn exactly how you can opt out of beta software updates and stop receiving them on your Mac.
Note: Apple has changed the way you opt out of beta software updates on your Mac, and while in previous versions of Mac OS X you can opt out of beta updates through the App Store control panel in a pretty obvious way, MacOS Mojave now visit another settings panel and then find a dim little button to unregister your Mac from beta updates. If you’ve searched for a setting before and forgot about it, you’re not alone.
Stopping beta updates in MacOS Mojave
Don’t want to get beta software updates for MacOS in Mojave anymore? Here’s how to exit the beta program and get the final stable versions of future MacOS releases instead:
- Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences
- Select the “Software Update” settings panel
- Look for the small text on the left side of the software update control panel that says “This Mac is registered with Apple Beta”
- Click directly on the blue text below the beta sign-up message that says “Details …” (yes it’s a button)
- A pop-up window appears stating “This Mac is registered with Apple Beta. Do you want to restore the default update settings? Previous updates will not be removed, and this Mac will no longer receive beta updates. “
- Select “Restore Defaults” to opt out of MacOS Beta and stop receiving MacOS beta software updates
- Enter the administrator password when prompted, and then close System Preferences when done
That’s all, now only the final public MacOS Mojave builds and future Mac OS software updates will be displayed in that Mac software update. For example, you will only see MacOS 10.14.1 final and none of the different beta versions of this version.
You should not refuse to receive beta software updates if you are actively using a beta version of MacOS, instead you want to first upgrade to the final version of macOS Mojave beta and then stop beta updates.
The opt-out button for the beta update is a bit dim and the wording in the dialog is a bit confusing, especially compared to disabling beta updates in earlier versions of Mac OS, but if you choose Restore Defaults by clicking the small Details button, your Mac will stop receiving beta software updates.
A similar tip is available for iPhone and iPad users, and you can easily leave the iOS 12 beta tester on any registered iOS device as well. Once again, you only want to do it if you’re active in the latest release of iOS.
Benefits: How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave
- The How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave guide is free.
FAQ: How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave
Guide about How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave
In this guide, I told you about the How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave.
How this Guide helping you?
In this guide, I discuss about the How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave, which is very helpful.
What are the supported devices for this guide?
Apple Devices only.
What are the supported Operating system?
mac OS or iOS
Final note: How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave
If you have any queries regards the How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Stop Receiving Beta Updates in MacOS Mojave, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.