This guide is about the How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this guide How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data.
By far the easiest way to sync iPhone to your new Mac or Windows computer is to transfer all your iPhone files and backups from your old computer to your new one. The information you need is stored in a number of different places, and we handle what files and where they go for both Mac OS X and Windows.
A few quick notes:
- If you just want to sync and not worry about the content, the / MobileSync / Backup / directory is all you need to copy
- If you want to sync music and videos painlessly, you may need to move over a large iTunes folder
- Using a LAN is usually the fastest way to transfer the necessary files, but copying them to a USB drive, DVD, hard drive, etc.
This guide is for iPhone users, but this would also work with an iPad or iPod touch.
Sync your iPhone with your new Mac by copying sync information
- Close iTunes on both Macs and disconnect iPhone from both Macs
- Open your home folder and copy the iTunes directory from your old computer to the new address:
- Now open the user library directory and copy the backups from the old computer to the new address:
- Make sure everything is fine, also by copying the iTunes settings files:
- Now connect iPhone to your new Mac, launch iTunes, make sure everything is fine, and authorize the new computer
~ / Music / iTunes
~ / Library / Application Support / MobileSync /
~ / Library / Settings / com.apple.iTunes.plist
You should even be able to sync from your old computer or Mac to your new computer / Mac if you copy the iTunes and Backup folders and put them in the appropriate places by sharing between your Mac and Windows.
Sync your iPhone with a new Windows computer
The instructions are basically the same as above, but the files and folders you want to copy are in different places. For Windows 7 users, we recommend copying the following directories and their contents from your old computer to your new computer:
C: UsersUSERNAMEMusiciTunesC: UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncC: UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingApple ComputerPreferences
Replace “USERNAME” with a username. Instead, for older versions of Windows, iPhone backups are located in the following:
C: Documents and settingsUSERApplication DataApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup
Now launch iTunes and connect your iPhone, and it should sync normally. Go ahead and authorize iTunes on the new computer.
Why is this process necessary before syncing iOS to a new computer?
Simply put, because data is meant to be transferred from a computer to an iPhone, not from an iPhone to a computer with iTunes. All of this has been made a little better for iCloud users, but you still need to copy these directories before you can use Wi-Fi sync and sync flawlessly to your new machine without losing data.
As mentioned earlier, if you just want to sync your new iPhone quickly, all you have to do is copy the backup, but to keep all your other iTunes content, music, and settings, you need to copy all your data.
Benefits: How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data
- The How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data guide is free.
FAQ: How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data
Guide about How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data
In this guide, I told you about the How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data.
How this Guide helping you?
In this guide, I discuss about the How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data, which is very helpful.
What are the supported devices for this guide?
Apple Devices only.
What are the supported Operating system?
mac OS or iOS
Final note: How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data
If you have any queries regards the How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Sync an iPhone to a New Computer Without Losing Data, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.