Voice messaging is a useful way to talk that is available in almost every instant messaging app, including Telegram. This feature is helpful when you need to send a message quickly but need more time to write it. But what if it stops working all of a sudden and Fix Telegram Voice Message Not Working?
Fixing Telegram voice messages can be like walking around in the dark if you don’t have a clear sign of what’s wrong. So that we can help, we’ve made a list of all the ways to fix the problem where Telegram voice messages don’t work on your Android or iPhone. So, let’s start.
Solved: Telegram Voice Message Not Working
Free Up Storage Space on your Phone
- Storage space running low on your phone?
- If that’s the case, then Telegram will find it difficult to download or save any new voice messages.
- To avoid this situation, free up some storage and space either by uninstalling a few unnecessary apps, saving your data in your cloud storage, or transferring some to other devices.
- Perform either and see if this fixes the “Telegram voice message not working on Android and iPhone” error or not.
Force-Close the Telegram App
- Android: Long press on the Telegram app icon.
- Select the “i” icon from the menu.
- Now select and tap on the “force stop” option to close the Telegram app instantly.
- iPhone: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the app switcher (or double-tap the Home Screen button).
- Find the Telegram app card in the app switcher.
- Slide up on the Telegram app card to close it.
Check if Voice Messages are Restricted for your Contacts
- Open Telegram both on Android and iPhone.
- Tap “Settings” in the bottom right corner of your iPhone, and for Android, tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) present in the top-left corner.
- Select “Settings” and Scroll down to “Privacy and Security.”
- Select “Voice Messages” and select Everybody from the menu.
Re-Check the Volume Levels of Your Phone
- Overlook insignificant details: Be mindful of potential overlooked details that may be causing the problem.
- Volume level: Ensure that the volume level on your phone is not too low, as this can prevent Telegram from recognizing your voice.
- Increase volume: Locate the “increase volume” button on the side of your phone, whether it’s an Android or an iPhone, and press it to raise the volume.
- Disconnect Bluetooth: Make sure that no Bluetooth device is currently connected to your phone.
- Check Telegram voice messages: After disconnecting Bluetooth, attempt to play your Telegram voice messages again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Why Is Telegram Voice Message Not Working?
Poor Internet Status
Telegram depends on online sources, so a good internet connection or Wi-Fi link is very important. If your internet speed is slow or your Wi-Fi signal is shaky, Telegram won’t work well for you.
Telegram App No Longer Available
This can lead to problems like bugs not being fixed, which can cause Telegram to crash, have trouble adding contacts, have trouble connecting phone calls, have trouble with Telegram voice messages not working, and so on.
Not enough room
Over time, lack of space is a big problem on most Android devices. For example, if Telegram can’t get the space it needs to work, it can start to act funny, move slowly, and often crash right away.
Old Data in Cache
Cache data can have a lot of effects on an application, both good and bad. When your app collects cache, for example, it can be easier for the app to get all the data it needs for a certain task. In the same way, when there are a lot of cache files, the storage space might not be enough for the application to run smoothly. If you can download this app, than you can visit on Google Play Store
iPhone. Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Notifications. Step 2: Scroll down to select Telegram from the list and enable the toggle next to Sounds from the following menu.
If the Telegram app does not have access to your phone’s microphone, you can’t record and send voice messages. If you’re unsure, here’s how to check microphone permission for the Telegram app on your Android or iPhone.
To start recording a voice message the user should tap and hold the microphone icon next to the input field area. Once the microphone button is released, the voice message will be sent to the chat. Sliding to the left while recording cancels the voice message.