The Xbox console family has a problem that doesn’t mean the device needs to be sent back. “The person who bought this needs to sign in” could appear on the Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, or Xbox One X. This article gives you a complete list of ways to solve how to Fix ‘The Person Who Bought This Needs to Sign in’ Issue, as well as step-by-step instructions.
All of these consoles have the same software and the same way to connect to the internet. Because of this, the solutions we’re giving can be used for either choice. But this error happens when a user tries to open a digital game that they do not own. Even if the user owns the game, the Xbox’s system may show the error by accident, even if they own it. you can visit Xbox support center for further help.
Fix ‘The Person Who Bought This Needs to Sign in’ Issue
Restart Xbox Console
- Using your Xbox controller, press and hold the prominent Xbox icon button.
- This will launch the “Power Center“.
- Here you will see an option called “Restart console“. Click on it to restart. The console should resolve any software issues that prevent it from connecting with your Xbox account.
Re-Login to Your Xbox Account
- Press the button on your controller that says “Xbox.”
- Go as far to the left as you can from your profile picture.
- Click Sign out next to your profile name.
- Press the Xbox button once more and go to the same place.
- Choose your Xbox account, and then sign in again.
Set Your Xbox to Home for Your Account
- Sign in with your Xbox account.
- Click on Settings, then click on Personalization.
- Choose My Xbox at home.
- Select “Make this my home Xbox” on the next screen.
Check the Xbox Live Servers’ Status
- Before going down the list of solutions, it’s worth noting that sometimes the troubles could be from the other side of the wire.
- Xbox Live servers aren’t perfect and sometimes have outages themselves.
- When this is the case, there isn’t much you can do except wait for Microsoft to fix the servers.
- One helpful step is to recognize that this is beyond your control.
- Don’t go on messing around with the network settings in hopes of fixing the “The person who bought this needs to sign in” error.
- You can check the Xbox Live server status through the Xbox Status webpage.
- A red sign next to Account & profile or Store & subscription could mean that the issue is on Xbox’s side.
What is “The Person Who Bought This Needs to Sign in” Xbox Error?
- Internet connection problems: If your router can’t connect to the Internet or if the device where your Xbox account is logged in is offline, your account information won’t load correctly.
- The Game Pass license holder hasn’t set a home console: If you have a Game Pass and play on an Xbox, you should set it as your home console. If not, it could lead to a mistake.
- Something went wrong with the Xbox Live servers: When the Xbox Live servers are down, which is rare, your account will temporarily not be able to be verified.
- Problems with your Xbox account: There can be many things wrong with your account that stop it from being properly verified.
- Problems with your Xbox console and other registered devices: Over time, your Xbox console and other registered devices may start to have problems. You might need to reset the device to get rid of them.
It’s possible that the installed game data is corrupted. To correct this, you need to uninstall and then reinstall the game. To uninstall the game: Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.