This blog is about the Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this blog Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC. If your answer is yes then please do share.
The Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC
Windows 10 is more than just an operating system designed for personal computers. While it can perform exceptionally well in this role, its Enterprise and Professional editions are business management suites in their own right.
To unleash the full power of your Windows 10 and start managing other computers on your network remotely, you will need to use Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC). Let’s see how to activate it.back to menu ↑
Windows 10 versions
In order to enable Active Directory Users and Computers on your Windows 10 PC, you will first need to install RSAT – Remote Server Administration Tools. If you are using an older version of Windows 10 i.e. 1803 or lower, you will need to download the RSAT files from the Microsoft Download Center.
On the other hand, all versions of Windows 10 since the October 10 release have RSAT included as “Feature on Demand”. You won’t have to download the tools, just install and activate them. Note that only Enterprise and Professional editions support RSAT and Active Directory.back to menu ↑
Install RSAT for versions 1809 and above
Follow these steps to enable RSAT on your Windows 10.
- Right click on the “Windows” icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Select the “Settings” option from the menu that appears.
- When the Settings window opens, you need to select the “Applications” tab from the list.
- Next, click on the “Manage Optional Features” link on the right side of the Settings window. It can be found in the “Applications and Features” section.
- Click on the “+ Add a feature” icon.
- Windows will display a list of available additions. Scroll down and choose the “RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools” add-on from the list.
- Click on the “install” button.
- After installation is complete, RSAT should be visible in the Administrative Tools section of the Start menu.
Install RSAT for versions 1803 and lower
Installing RSAT and activating Active Directory on an older version of Windows 10 takes a little longer. Keep in mind that the restriction to Enterprise and Professional editions still applies. Let’s see how to enable Active Directory on versions 1803 and lower.
- Launch your computer’s browser.
- Go to the Microsoft Download Center and search for Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10
- Click on the “Download” button.
- Choose the latest version to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Click on the “Next” button and wait for the download to complete.
- Then press the “Win” key on your keyboard.
- Look for Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on the “Programs” tab.
- Then select the “Programs and Features” option.
- Click on “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- Expand the “Remote Server Administration Tools” part of the menu.
- Then select “Role administration tools.”
- Select “AD LDS and AD DS Tools”.
- Check the “AD DS Tools” box.
- Press the “OK” button.
The “Administrative Tools” option should now appear in the Start menu. You should find all the Active Directory tools there, and you can use and modify them through this menu.back to menu ↑
Most of the time, the installation of RSAT goes smoothly. However, you may encounter two issues.
The first is the inability to install RSAT. If this happens, make sure Windows Firewall is turned on. RSAT uses the standard Windows Update backend and requires the firewall to be operational. If it is disabled, enable it and try to install RSAT again.
The second problem can arise after installation. Some users are missing tabs or have other issues. The only remedy for post-installation issues is to uninstall and reinstall RSAT.
If you have problems with ADUC, you should check if its shortcut is properly connected. This should lead to% SystemRoot% system32dsa.msc. If not, reinstall the program.back to menu ↑
What can you use Active Directory users and computers for?
The Active Directory Users and Computers add-on can cover the majority of AD administration tasks and tasks. It has its limitations – for example, it cannot manage GPOs.
But you can use it to reset passwords, change group memberships, unlock users, and more. Here are some major tools available to you when you activate ADUC on your computer.
- Active Directory domains and trusts. With this tool, you can manage the functional levels of the forest, UPN (User Principal Names), the functional levels of several domains. It also allows you to manage trusts between forests and domains.
- Active Directory Administrative Center. In this section of ADUC, you can manage your PowerShell history, password policies, and AD Recycle Bin.
- Active Directory sites and services. This tool gives you control and overview of sites and services. It allows you to schedule replication and determine the topology of AD.
Active Directory Users and Computers is an extremely powerful tool for controlling the computers on your work network. Fortunately, it’s easy to set up and activate.back to menu ↑
Benefits: Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC
- The Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC guide is free.
FAQ: Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC
What is this blog about?
In this guide, I told you about the Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC.
How this blog helping you?
In this blogging guide, we discuss about the Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC, which is very helpful for knowledge fun fact purpose.
back to menu ↑
Blog Conclusion: Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC
If you have any queries regards this blog about the Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Knowledge: This blog is just for knowledge purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about this blog or want to update it “Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add more tips: If anyone wants to add more tips related to this blog Tip to Enable Active Directory on Windows 10 PC, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.