This blog is about Tips and Tricks to Use Apple Podcasts App on Mac Like a Pro. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, Tips and Tricks to Use Apple Podcasts App on Mac Like a Pro. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check Tips and Tricks to Use Apple Podcasts App on Mac Like a Pro
Podcasts can be listened to whenever and wherever you want. Isn’t it also true that they should register? It is not surprising, therefore, that there are several applications to listen to and produce podcasts. These programs come with a variety of high-quality features to make your experience as a listener or podcaster as pleasant as possible. m We discuss the top podcast apps for iOS and Android in this post so you can choose the one that’s right for you.
Tips and Tricks to Use Apple Podcasts App on Mac Like a Pro
The best tips and tricks for Apple Podcasts on macOS Catalina
Keeping in mind the old rule, “What works for one may not work for all”, Apple offers many options to customize the Podcasts app in macOS Catalina. So, based on your listening needs or tastes, you can customize several key aspects, including forward and back buttons, automatic downloads, playback, and more. However, let’s finally tune in to the guide!
Prevent podcasts from removing autoplay episodes
I get it. The Podcasts app wants to keep clutter away by automatically deleting episodes you’ve already played. Plus, it saves valuable time that you have to spend cleaning up clogged memory. But what if you’re someone who likes to listen to some great podcasts multiple times? Would you still be satisfied with this memory management feature? Most likely you will not like it. So we’re going to disable that for you.
- Launch the podcast app on your Mac.
- Now click on the podcast menu in the top left corner and select settings.
- Finally, uncheck the box to the left of Automatically delete played episodes.
Change jump seconds forward/back for podcasts
Just like its iOS counterpart, the Podcasts app for macOS also allows you to adjust the seconds to skip forward or backward. So if you ever want to change the skip seconds to your liking, you can do it easily. Remember that if an episode has chapters, the next and previous episodes navigate between chapters and then between episodes.
- Open the podcast app on your macOS device > Podcast menu in the top left corner of the screen > Settings.
- Now click on the playback tab.
- In the Skip Buttons section, click the dropdown next to Forward/Back.
- Then select the preferred option: 10, 15, 30, 45 and 60 seconds.
Stop podcasts from automatically downloading episodes
The podcast app will automatically download new or unplayed episodes so you can connect right away. While I really like this feature because it’s so handy, I sometimes disable automatic downloads, especially when my limited internet plan is out of gas! Fortunately, Apple provides an easy way to turn it on and off.
- Open the podcast app on your Mac > Podcast menu in the top left corner of the screen > Settings.
- Now make sure the General tab is selected. Then click the dropdown menu next to the Automatically Download Episodes option.
- Now select Never.
Manually update podcasts to save data
By default, the Podcasts app automatically refreshes every hour to keep you up to date. While this is a useful feature, it does drain your battery and of course also uses a lot of data. So if you’re having trouble keeping tabs on your MacBook’s drained battery or want to keep the limited internet pack a little longer, force it to update less frequently or do it manually.
- Launch the podcast app on your Mac > Podcast Top Left Menu > Settings.
- Now make sure the General tab is selected. Then click the dropdown button next to Update.
- Then choose the option you want: Every hour, 6 hours, day, week or manually.
Prevent podcasts from syncing subscriptions between iDevices
One of the best benefits you get from being locked into the Apple ecosystem is seamless timing. Like other supported apps, Podcasts also syncs all your subscriptions across all iDevices connected to the same Apple ID. So you can conveniently access your subscriptions from any of your devices and easily manage them. But what if you have subscribed to some podcast channels that you want to keep secret on any of your devices? In this case, you may want to disable sync.
- Launch the podcast app on your macOS device > Podcast menu top left > Settings.
- Click on the Progressive tab. Then uncheck the box to the left of “Sync subscriptions between devices”.
Customize headset controls
Buried a bit in the settings is an option to configure the headphone controls. By default, you can use the headset controls to switch between the previous and next episode. However, you can choose to skip forward/skip back.
- Launch the podcast app on your device > Podcast menu at the top left > Settings.
- Make sure the playback tab is selected. Select “Headphone Control” in the Skip Forward/Skip Back Ability section.
Final words: Tips and Tricks to Use Apple Podcasts App on Mac Like a Pro
I hope you understand this article, Tips and Tricks to Use Apple Podcasts App on Mac Like a Pro. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.