In iOS 17: How to Track Your Mood With Apple Health on iPhone that lets you keep track of your emotions every day. This gives you a better idea of your mental health as a whole. You can record your mood at different times of the day using the Health app or the Apple Watch. You can also enter an overall mood for the day.
When logging a mood, a slider bar with options from “Very Unpleasant” to “Neutral” and “Pleasant” is shown. The options are color-coded, with “very unhappy” being purple, “neutral” being blue, and “very pleasant” being orange. The idea is to move the slider to the option that best fits your mood at the moment. From there, Apple asks you what word best describes how you’re feeling and gives you a list of words that fit the mood.
After you choose a mood and an adjective to describe it, Apple asks what’s making you feel that way. You can choose from health, fitness, family, friends, partner, dating, weather, money, and current events, but you have to choose from Apple’s list. You can add background information in this section, so you can explain why you chose a certain category.
What is Apple Health App?
The Apple Health app is a powerful tool that can help you keep track of your health and fitness data. It can be used to keep track of your steps, your heart rate, your sleep, and more. The Health app also works with other Apple apps, like the Workout app and the Mind app, to give you a full picture of your health.
The Health app can keep track of how many steps you take, how far you walk or run, how many calories you burn, and other activity-related information. It can also keep track of your heart rate and how much oxygen is in your blood while you work out. The Health app can keep track of how long you sleep, how well you sleep, and other sleep-related data. It can also wake you up with a soft alarm that takes your sleep cycle into account. If you know more details about this, than you can check on official website.
How to Track Your Mood With Apple Health on iPhone
- Click on Health and choose Look around in the lower right corner.
- Tap “Mental Wellbeing” under “Health Categories” or type “mental wellbeing” into the search bar at the top.
- Tap Get Started in the Get More From Health section.
- Tap “Start“
- Choose either “How you feel right now” (recommended) or “How you’ve felt today as a whole” (best for the end of the day).
- Click Next
- Slide the bar to choose your mood, then tap Next.
- Choose a few words from the What best describes this feeling box (you can see more words by clicking (show more)).
- Choose one or more items from the “What’s affecting you the most?” list. section, then press the “Done” button.
Benefits of Mood Tracking with Apple Health
- Increased self-awareness. Mood tracking can help you to become more aware of your moods and how they fluctuate over time. This information can be helpful for identifying triggers and patterns in your mood, which can lead to better self-management.
- Improved mood. Mood tracking can help you to identify and address the factors that are contributing to negative moods. For example, if you notice that you are more likely to feel down on days when you don’t get enough sleep, you can make a conscious effort to get more rest.
- Reduced stress. Mood tracking can help you to identify and manage stressors in your life. For example, if you notice that you are more likely to feel stressed before work, you can develop coping mechanisms to help you manage that stress.
- Better decision-making. Mood tracking can help you to make better decisions about your life. For example, if you notice that you are more likely to make impulsive decisions when you are feeling down, you can wait until you are feeling better before making any major decisions.
- Improved relationships. Mood tracking can help you to improve your relationships with others. For example, if you notice that you are more likely to be irritable when you are feeling tired, you can let your loved ones know so that they can be more understanding.
Tap State of Mind, then tap Log how you’re feeling right now or Log how you’ve felt today as a whole. Turn the Digital Crown to choose a feeling, then tap the checkmark in the upper right. Choose any extra words that best describe how you feel, then tap the checkmark in the upper-right corner.
People who have an iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch can now keep track of their mental health. Apple has added features to iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and watchOS 10 to help with mental and eye health. In iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and watchOS 10, Apple has added new health features for mental and eye health.
You can use the Health app on your iPhone or the Cycle Tracking app on your Apple Watch to keep track of your period. You can also set up alerts that will let you know when your next period or fertile window is coming up. Cycle Tracking is an app that comes with watchOS 6.