In this article we will discuss about the how to Use iPhone As Microphone on Mac and Windows. Video calls have become a regular part of our lives over the past two years. Video conferencing is an important part of our lives, whether it’s to keep in touch with friends and family or to have work meetings with coworkers.
There are, however, some problems with making video calls on your computer. Most of the time, the built-in mic in Windows isn’t good enough, which makes the sound muddy. People who have to talk to the computer from far away have a hard time being heard.
This situation can be fixed, though. To improve the sound on your video calls, all you need is an iPhone. This solution is great for people who need a quick fix or who don’t want to spend a lot of money on high-quality external microphones. We’ll show you some easy and free ways to use your iPhone as a microphone for your PC in this article.
- macOS Ventura or later
- iPhone with iOS 16 or later’
- Windows 10 or later
- iPhone with iOS 16 or later
- Continuity Camera for Windows (free app from the Microsoft Store)
Benefit from Using iPhone as a Mic for PC
- Improved audio quality. iPhone microphones are typically of higher quality than the built-in microphones on most PCs. This can result in clearer and more crisp audio recordings.
- Reduced background noise. iPhone microphones also tend to be better at reducing background noise than built-in PC microphones. This can be especially beneficial if you are recording audio in a noisy environment.
- Increased portability. You can take your iPhone with you wherever you go, so you can always have a high-quality microphone with you. This is especially useful if you need to record audio on the go.
- Reduced cost. If you already own an iPhone, you can use it as a microphone for your PC for free. This can save you money on purchasing a dedicated microphone.
How to Use iPhone As Microphone on Windows
- First, you need to download and install the cool app Megaphone Free on your ios device. This app will let you use your device’s microphone on your PC.
- After you’ve installed the app, open it on your iPhone and use the volume buttons to change how sensitive it is.
- Now, you need to physically connect your iPhone and PC by plugging one end of the AUX cable into your iPhone and the other end into the microphone jack on your PC.
- Now, on your computer, right-click the icon that looks like a speaker and choose Playback Devices.
- Now, click on the “Recording” section.
- And make sure that the bars move when you talk into your iPhone. This will show that the setup is working well.
- That’s it! Your iPhone is now your PC’s microphone, and you can use it to make voice calls on your PC.
How to Use iPhone As Microphone on Mac
- Click the Apple () symbol in the menu bar of your Mac and choose System Settings.
- Click Sound in the menu on the left.
- Under “Output & Input,” click the tab that says “Input.”
- Choose the name of your nearby iPhone that is listed under “Continuity Camera.”
AirDroid Cast is one of the best apps if you want to use your iPhone as a microphone on Windows, Mac, Linux, or a smart TV. It is different from other apps because it can be used to broadcast on the web. Through a web browser, iPhone users can play music from their phone and send the screen of their phone to the computer
You can stream sound from the microphone on iPhone to your MFi hearing devices or AirPods. This can help you hear better in some situations—for example, when having a conversation in a noisy environment.
Use it as a real-time microphone! First, connect your phone or tablet to a stereo system. Then, open the Virtual Mic app. Get everyone’s attention, make announcements, and go wireless with Bluetooth and Airplay streaming.