In the past few years, cell phones have gotten a lot bigger, reaching sizes that are hard to believe. Operating these devices with one hand has become a test of dexterity that looks like a series of complicated finger moves. In order to get around this annoying problem, many phone makers have built-in one-handed functions into their devices. In this article how to Use One-Handed Mode on Android and iPhone.
So, the instructions below explain how to turn on this mode and, if necessary, change the settings to fit your needs. This detailed guide will focus on the most common phone models and also give some general tips. If your device isn’t on the list, don’t worry. Many phone makers use the same feature on all of their phones, and several Android models have a universal one-handed mode that almost all users can use.
What is One-Handed Mode?
If you’re not familiar with the term “One-Handed Mode,” it refers to a functionality that, in essence, modifies the user interface in order to make it more accessible to people who have limited dexterity in one hand. This may require repositioning the on-screen elements on certain mobile devices so that they are located in the lower part of the display. In addition, certain devices have the capability to fit the entire display into a single corner of the screen. It is essential to emphasize the fact that this modification is not of a permanent nature; however, it does prove to be quite helpful in particular scenarios.
How to Use One-Handed Mode on Android
- Open the settings app and tap System settings.
- Inside the settings, tap “Use with one hand.”
- To activate “one–hand mode,” swipe down from the bottom of the screen on any screen.
Steps to Use One-Handed Mode on iPhone
- Open your iPhone’s settings menu.
- Choose the menu for accessibility.
- Type “Touch” into the menu.
- Turn it on in the section about how much it will cost.
- You can now use the iPhone with one hand by sliding your finger down from the iPhone gesture.
How to Use One-Handed Mode on Samsung Galaxy
- Swipe down once from the top of the screen on a Samsung Galaxy phone and tap the gear icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click “Advanced Features.”
- Choose “One-Handed Mode.”
- Click the switch at the top of the screen to turn it on.
- Next, you can choose how to turn on One-Handed Mode. When you use gesture navigation, the only option you have is “Gesture.” But you can also double-tap the home button if you use the three-button layout.
- In One-Handed Mode, you can move the shrunken screen to the left or right by tapping the arrow icon. You can also grab a corner of the screen to change its size. Tap anywhere on the screen to leave.
Benefits of Using One-Handed Mode
- Using your phone with one hand can sometimes be easier. This is especially helpful if you have small hands or are trying to use your phone while holding something else.
- It can make your hands and wrists feel better. When you hold a big phone for a long time, your hands and wrists can get tired. One-handed mode can help reduce this stress by making it easier to hold and use your phone.
- It can help you get to the top of the screen faster. Some smartphone screens are very high and can be hard to reach with one hand. By making the screen smaller and moving the buttons and controls to the bottom, “one-handed mode” can make the top of the screen easier to reach.
- It can be less public. One-handed mode makes it easier to use your phone in public by making the screen smaller and moving the buttons and controls to the bottom.
- It can make you feel better. When you hold a big phone for a long time, it can be uncomfortable. One-handed mode can make it easier to use your phone by making it easier to hold and use with just one hand.
Adjusting One-Handed Mode Settings
- On your Android phone, open the Settings app.
- Tap on System.
- Tap on Gestures.
- Tap on One-handed mode.
The keyboard app has a mode that lets you type with one hand. Go to any app on your iPhone, and when the keyboard appears, press and hold the globe icon at the bottom left of your iPhone. Choose the right-aligned or left-aligned one-handed keyboard from this menu.
Android has a hidden feature that lets you switch from writing with your right hand to writing with your left. You have to go to your developer options first, and then you can turn on the layout change. This is how: Go to Settings and click on About Phone.