With major OS updates, Apple updates the apps that come with the OS once a year. The Notes app works the same way. With the macOS Monterey and iPadOS 15 updates, the company added the Quick Notes feature so that users can take notes without opening the app. Here’s how to Use Quick Notes on Mac, iPhone and iPad, or even an iPhone.
Have you ever needed to quickly write down a thought or a phone number, but you didn’t have the right app for it? You can always open your favorite app for taking notes and make a new note. That’s not the point, though. You might miss that moment if you open an app to make a note. Quick Notes from Apple can help you out of these kinds of situations. With macOS Monterey and iPadOS 15, users can quickly take notes in the default Notes app without opening it. This is how.
What Is Quick Notes?
Quick Notes is a new feature that lets you make a new note quickly without having to open the Notes app. The name pretty much says it all. This feature only works on iPads and Macs, and you’ll need to have macOS Monterey or iPadOS 15 installed on your Mac or iPad. When you make a new quick note, it will be saved to the Notes app automatically. If you use iCloud, all of your Apple devices with the same Apple ID will be able to see your quick notes.
|Availability||Quick Notes is available on Mac, iPhone, and iPad.|
|Create notes anywhere||You can create notes from anywhere on your device, even when you are not connected to the internet.|
|Sync notes across devices||Your notes are automatically synced across all of your Apple devices, so you can access them from anywhere.|
|Add text, images, and sketches||You can add text, images, and sketches to your notes.|
|Search notes||You can search your notes for text, images, and sketches.|
|Pin notes||You can pin notes to the top of your list so that you can easily find them.|
|Lock notes||You can lock notes to protect them with your Touch ID or Face ID.|
|Share notes||You can share notes with others.|
Why Quick Notes Are Useful
- Taking notes: You can use quick notes to take notes at meetings, lectures, and other events. This can help you remember important things so that you don’t forget them later.
- Brainstorming: You can come up with ideas for projects, stories, or other creative work by making quick notes. This can help you write down your ideas and thoughts before you forget them.
- To-do lists: You can use quick notes to make to-do lists. This can help you keep your tasks in order and on track.
- Putting down reminders: You can use quick notes to write down reminders. This can help you remember important dates, times, and places.
- Keeping track of information: You can use quick notes to remember things like phone numbers, addresses, and passwords. This can help you stay organized and keep important information from getting lost.
How to Use Quick Notes on iPhone and iPad
Launch Quick Notes from Control Center
- Start the app called “Settings” on your iPad.
- Choose Control Center from the list on the right.
- Allow access from inside apps.
- Go to More Controls and click the ‘+’ sign next to Quick Notes to add it to the Control Center.
How to use Quick Note on iPadOS
- Ensure you’re running iPadOS 15 or a newer OS version.
- Launch the desired app, such as Safari.
- Head to an app section or website of your choice.
- Hit the Share button, and select Add to Quick Note.
- Alternatively, swipe diagonally from the bottom right corner using your Apple Pencil.
- Type whatever you want in the text field to add context, then hit the Done button to save it to your Notes app.
Tips and Tricks for Efficient Quick Notes Usage
- Set up a way to sort your notes. This will make it easier to find the information you need. You can sort your notes by date, topic, or project.
- Use keywords: Using keywords can help you take quick notes. This will make it easier to find what you need in the future.
- Use abbreviations: If you need to take a lot of quick notes, using abbreviations can help. You will save time and space by doing this.
- Stay the same: It’s important to keep your formatting and style the same when you’re taking quick notes. This will make your notes easier to read and understand later.
- Review your notes often: It’s important to often look over your quick notes. This will help you remember the facts and make sure they are correct.
- Delete or archive old notes: Once you’ve looked over all of your quick notes, you can delete or archive the ones that are no longer useful. This will help keep your notes in order and easy to work with.
Start up your computer normally. Your computer needs to be reconnected to the internet. Use the setup tool on our site to reinstall the Oculus PC app. Connect the Rift/Link cable again and try the headset again.
If you haven’t already, make sure you’ve updated your Oculus app to the latest V37 build. So, you can get the latest hot fixes and support for your apps. If your app has already been updated, a connectivity error could be caused by a broken file in the software.
Intel and Microsoft have found that some versions of drivers for Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) on Intel 11th Gen Core processors and Windows 11 don’t work well together. Devices with Windows 11 and the affected Intel SST driver might get a blue screen error.