This guide is about the How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this guide How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display.
The sidecar allows you to use iPad as a secondary external display with your Mac. This great feature was brought to your Mac with macOS Catalina, and allows you to extend your Mac desktop to a compatible iPad, giving you a second screen without the need for a second screen.
Using a sidecar can be of particular benefit to anyone who spends their days on a Mac laptop using an iPad and wants the opportunity to get a little more space to work. You can even use your Apple Pencil with compatible apps, and since you don’t need to use any cables, you can have a fast wireless multi-monitor setup on the go. Suddenly, a local cafe’s dual-screen workstation isn’t as absurd as it may sound.
As always, there are some things you need to use the sidecar. Software, iPad must be running iPadOS 13 or later, while MacOS must have macOS 10.15 Catalina or later installed. However, not all hardware is supported, so check the compatibility of the sidecars to make sure your devices support the feature.
In addition to a compatible hardware and software installation, you must also ensure that:
- Both Mac and iPad have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Both devices must have handover enabled and use the same Apple ID / iCloud account.
Using a sidecar on a Mac with an iPad
Assuming you have everything you need on the software and hardware side, using Sidecar is really as easy as possible. On a Mac, follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences (or
- Click “Sidecar” for setup options
- Under Devices, click the drop-down box and select the iPad you want to connect to as a Sidecar.
The iPad screen changes to look like a Mac desktop, and you can use it in the same way as any other screen.
Customize sidecar settings: sidebar, touchbar, etc.
When the sidecar is active on Mac and iPad, you can change its behavior while still in the Sidecar section of System Preferences:
- “Show Sidebar” activates Sidebar on your iPad. This provides easy access to public key commands. You can also choose where the sidebar appears.
- “Show Touchbar” replaces the touchbar software on the iPad. Everything that appears in the touch bar is also visible here. Again, you can choose where the touch bar also appears on the screen.
- The “Enable double-tap on pencil” feature enables a feature that allows users to double-tap an Apple pencil page. The current application must have special support for this feature in order for it to work.
Using an Apple pencil with a sidecar
If you have the Apple Pencil setting on your iPad Pro or iPad, you can also use it in a sidecar.
An Apple pencil can also be used instead of a mouse or trackpad. Just tap the area on the screen that you normally click.
This also means that you can use Apple Pencil with Mac applications, which usually require a special drawing or graphics tablet. With Sidecar, you can use your existing Apple Pencil and iPad to serve the same function.
The sidecar can really change your multifunctional game, especially if you’re using a small-screen Mac laptop. Changing the properties of the extra screen is changeable, so if you have a Mac and iPad, you should definitely try the feature.
We have tons more Mac and iPad guides – be sure to check them out. You never know what great tricks you will lose!
Benefits: How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display
- The How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display guide is free.
FAQ: How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display
In this guide, I told you about the How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display.
In this guide, I discuss about the How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display, which is very helpful.
Apple Devices only.
mac OS or iOS
Final note: How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display
If you have any queries regards the How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Use Sidecar on Mac with iPad as a Second Display, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.