In Hogwarts Legacy: How to Wait or Skip Time, Even though the cycles are long, there is a day and night cycle in Hogwarts Legacy. This makes the game world feel even more alive. Inside the castle walls, it can be hard to see things. However, if you skip day or night, you can use natural light to explore the outside.
You may also have come across classroom quests that require you to be there at a certain time, whether it’s day or night. Hogwarts Legacy doesn’t explain it very well, but there is a way to skip ahead in time to get to the right point in the cycle. This guide will show you how to do it.
How to Wait or Skip Time in Hogwarts Legacy
- The ambiance and exploration of Hogwarts can be changed by the day and night cycle.
- The day and night cycle affects your quests and collectibles.
- Demiguise Moons are collectibles available only at night.
- Some quests have their own specific day and time cycle.
- When you pick up a quest that requires it, you will automatically wait.
- The game will adjust to the correct part of the day/night cycle when you reach the quest location or interact with certain objects or characters.
About the Game
When Hogwarts Legacy was first shown, Portkey Games called it a “immersive, open-world action RPG.” The studio also says, “Players will be able to improve their character’s skills as they learn powerful spells, improve their fighting skills, and choose allies to help them fight off dangerous enemies,” says Portkey Games. “Players will also face missions and situations that force them to make hard decisions and show what they stand for.”
In March 2022, when the game’s gameplay was shown off for a long time, we learned a lot more about what that means. Portkey Games has shown how you’ll be able to explore Hogwarts castle by using your spells and skills to solve puzzles and get into secret rooms and dungeons. You can also use your broom to fly around.
You’ll also take classes like Herbology, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Potions as a student. We also got a quick look at the talent points system, which lets you spend points on things like the Room of Requirement, sneaking, and your “core” abilities.
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 (3.2GHz) or Intel Core i5-6600 (3.3GHz)
- Memory: 16GB of RAM
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 470 (4GB) or Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 (4GB)
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 85GB available space
By default, you’ll take a leisurely stroll or a gentle prance depending on how far forward you push the left joystick. But by holding another button, you’ll dash at high speeds with no need to ever catch your breath. To run in Hogwarts Legacy, just click the left joystick while you’re walking.
It should take around 30-35 hours to beat Hogwarts Legacy if you focus primarily on the story. As it is an open-world game, filled with exploration and side quests, you could be playing it for a lot longer than that.
Unfortunately for all you romantics, Hogwarts Legacy does not have romance. The game does not venture into the realm of young love. In a conversation with with GamePro, narrative lead Moira Squier said the following about the subject: “We made a conscious decision not to.