Bitcoin whales have the potential to manipulate currency valuations.
AlexSava / Getty Images
- There are about 1,000 individuals, known as whales, which own 40% of the market.
- Whales have the potential to manipulate currency valuations.
- “Big players can easily move the price,” crypto-skeptic David Gerard told The Telegraph.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
What is a Bitcoin whale?
A bitcoin whale is a term for individuals or entities who hold large amounts of bitcoin, according to Investopedia. There are about 1,000 people who own 40% of the market.
Whales have the potential to manipulate currency valuations and, given bitcoin fluctuations over the past …
Read Additional From Source
Copyright @ www.businessinsider.co.za
- Headline: Bitcoin whales: what are they
- Check all news and articles from the Cryptocurrencies news information updates.