Key points to remember:
- Machine learning offerings more precise targeting in mobile advertising.
- Behavioral targeting is more effective than contextual targeting.
- There is an opportunity for self-regulation because too much behavioral targeting can reduce competition and hurt ad network revenue.
CATONSVILLE, MD, March 8, 2021 – It’s common among marketers that if you can personalize any form of marketing, especially mobile advertising, you will achieve better results. With that in mind, mobile marketing relies heavily on tracking users. data as a basic advertising strategy.
New research explores the value of user tracking data for targeting purposes and offered insight into the results of these privacy activities in a multifaceted mobile advertising market. This not only represents a new thinking on marketing strategy, but could help alleviate some concerns in the company about privacy issues and the use of certain trackers. data in mobile advertising.
The research study “Targeting and Privacy in Mobile Advertising” will be published in the March issue of the journal INFORMS Marketing Science. It is written by Omid Rafieian of Cornell University…
Read Additional From Source
Copyright @ www.eurekalert.org
News Highlights Science
- According to the source Can the digital advertising market guarantee privacy without regulation?
- Check all news and articles from the Science news information updates.