TORONTO, March 01, 2021 (News) — Canadian Apartment Properties Real Estate Investment Trust (“CAPREIT”) (TSX:CAR.UN) announced today that it issued its second annual Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”) Report providing an overview of the company’s ESG strategies, policies, and commitments, and highlighting the progress made in 2020.
“Our ESG initiatives reinforce our commitment to enhance our environmental performance, build strong engagement with our employees and our residents, and maintain high levels of transparency and governance” commented Mark Kenney, President and CEO. “Our 2020 ESG Report outlines our ESG-related strategy to deliver long-term value to unitholders, and we are pleased to reiterate CAPREIT’s commitment in addressing topics of importance to our residents, employees, investors and the communities in which we live and work.”
Highlights of CAPREIT’s 2020 ESG Report include:
- Investing over $15 million in energy efficiency measures, including launching a centralized building automation system (“BAS”).
- Achieving approximately 2.5% of annual energy consumption reduction since 2010.
- Continuing to foster a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion by delivering best-in-class programs for our employees and residents.
- Delivering ESG training to the Board of Trustees and employees company-wide.
- Furthering our commitment to environmental transparency by submitting to CDP.
- Being ranked in the top quartile of the Best Employer program for the 7th consecutive year.
- Earning Green Star designation in inaugural 2020 GRESB submission.
Our 2020 ESG Report can be found by visiting the CAPREIT website at www.caprent.com.
ABOUT CAPREITCAPREIT is Canada’s largest publicly-traded provider of quality rental housing. CAPREIT currently owns or has interests in, and manages, approximately 67,600 residential apartment suites, townhomes and manufactured housing community sites well-located across Canada, in the Netherlands and Ireland. For more information about CAPREIT, its business and its investment highlights, please visit our website at www.caprent.com or www.capreit.net, and our public disclosure which can be found under our profile at www.sedar.com.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENTS REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTSAll statements in this press release that do not relate to historical facts constitute forward-looking statements. These statements represent CAPREIT’s intentions, plans, expectations and beliefs and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could result in actual results differing materially from these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties are more fully described in regulatory filings that can be obtained on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
For more information, please contact:
|CAPREITMr. Michael SteinChairman(416) 861-5788||CAPREITMr. Mark KenneyPresident & CEO(416) 861-9404||CAPREITMr. Scott Cryer Chief Financial Officer(416) 861-5771|
Business News Highlights
- Headline: CAPREIT Announces Release of 2020 ESG Report Toronto Stock Exchange:CAR-UN
- Check all news and articles from the Business news updates.