The updated guidance says 6-foot distancing is still recommended between adults in the school building and between adults and students; in common areas such as school lobbies and auditoriums; when masks can’t be worn, such as when eating; during activities when increased exhalation occurs, such as singing, shouting, band practice, sports or exercise; and in community settings outside the classroom. Directors on Tuesday also approved the Indiana County Technology budget totaling $7,051,056 for the 2021-22 school year, with United’s member share of $416,668.
The board accepted the resignation, with regret, due to retirement, of maintenance supervisor Clay Skedel, effective June 30. Skedel will have served the district for 18 years. • Metz Culinary Management as the food service management company for the district cafeteria for a one-year COVID-19 extension term beginning July 1 to June 30.
• The 2020-21 graduation date as June 3, weather permitting, as the ceremony is scheduled to be conducted at the football field. • A three-year service agreement with Waste Management to provide nonhazardous waste removal services at a monthly cost of $1,148.19 and escalating 2 percent per year over the term of the agreement, which starts July 1 and expires June 30, 2024.
In other business Tuesday, the board voted to approve: Directors granted Superintendent Barbara Parkins an extension to her current employment contract, as extended by an addendum to the contract approved by the board in February 2020, that will become effective Dec. 13 through June 30, 2022.
• An agreement between the district and New Story for one student at a cost of $399 per day for the current school year, and an amendment to the agreement, effective if the student is moved to a fully remote learning program, at a cost of $283 per day. • Activity requests from Cullen Stokes to attend the Pennsylvania State Athletic Directors Association Conference from May 24 to 27 in Hershey at a cost of $1,496.64; and from Stokes, Jennifer Charney and Jocelyn Hudson to attend the PIAA Competitive Spirit Competition April 9 and 10 in Hershey at a cost of $3,062.62.
• Annual public performance site licenses through the BLaST IU17 consortium agreement with Swank Movie Licensing USA; based on student enrollment, the cost for 2021-22 is $408 for the high school and $408 for the elementary, totaling $816. • The appointment of Bre Custer as a homebound instructor for a sixth-grade student during the current school year at a rate of $40 per hour. • An agreement between Camco Physical and Occupational Therapy LLC and the district to provide physical and occupational therapy rehabilitation services to district students identified as requiring such services, at a rate of $59 per contract hour of services between Aug. 1 and July 31, 2022.
News Highlights Health
- Directors approve changes to the health and safety plan | News
- Check all news and articles from the Health news information updates.