MEMPHIS, Tennessee – The Tennessee Department of Health has provided information on the investigation into the COVID-19 vaccine allegedly wasted by the Shelby County Department of Health.
SCHD said 1,315 doses of the life-saving vaccine had to be thrown away last week.
On Friday, February 19, the Shelby County Department of Health reported that more than 1,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine had been thrown away due to the expiration. The governor’s Unified Command Group immediately deployed state health personnel to provide support, review handling procedures and assess the Shelby County Department of Health’s vaccine inventory, TDH said.
RELATED: Department of Health Investigates After 1,315 Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine Rejected
According to TDH, this is an ongoing investigation into the Shelby County Department of Health’s management of vaccine inventory.
TDH said the following issues have been identified to date:
- Seven vaccine wastage incidents representing more than 2,400 lost doses
- 51,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine in inventory. This equates to an excess of about 30,000 doses. The goal is to administer the vaccine within seven to 10 days of receiving it.
- Lack of standard operating procedures for the storage and handling of …
Read Additional From Source
Copyright @ www.fox13memphis.com
- Headline: Health Department investigation finds more than 2,400 wasted vaccine doses in Shelby County – FOX13 News Memphis
- Check all news and articles from the Lifestyle news information updates.
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Most Viewed