WASHINGTON (AP) – President Joe Biden’s pick for Health Secretary Xavier Becerra told senators on Tuesday that tackling the coronavirus pandemic would be his top priority if confirmed, but he also pledged to work to expand health insurance coverage, reduce prescription drug costs, and reduce racial and ethnic disparities in health care.
“The COVID pandemic has killed 500,000 Americans,” Becerra told the Senate health committee. “To face this moment, we need strong federal leadership. A former member of Congress from the Los Angeles area, he is currently Attorney General of California.
What would you like to know
- President Biden’s pick for Health Secretary Xavier Becerra told senators on Tuesday that tackling the pandemic would be his top priority if confirmed
- Becerra is also committed to working to expand health insurance coverage, lower the cost of prescription drugs, and reduce racial and ethnic disparities in medical care.
- California Attorney General faces two days of contentious Senate hearings
- Republicans describe Becerra as unfit to run a health care agency, calling her political positions radical
Becerra cited Biden’s goal of 100 million vaccines in his first 100 …
Read Additional From Source
Copyright @ spectrenews1.com
News Highlights Politics
- Headline: HHS candidate says pandemic comes first but his agenda is broader
- Check all news and articles from the Politics news updates.
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Most Viewed