COVID-19 : Ker dismisses reports on excluding private hospitals from 2nd phase vaccination

COVID-19 : Ker dismisses reports on excluding private hospitals from 2nd phase vaccination

Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 28 (PTI): As the country gears
up for the second phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive from
Monday, the Kerala government has dismissed reports that
private hospitals were excluded from the programme and said
steps have been taken to ensure their cooperation which is
“essential” for the initiative.

State Health Department officials here said
preparations have been completed in around 300 private
hospitals for the drive and the ongoing propaganda that
private hospitals were not part of the second phase of the
vaccination was “baseless”.

The details of those private hospitals, taking part in
the government programme, can be available in the website
http:ha.kerala.gov.in/list-of-empanelled-hospitals, they
said.

“The participation of the private hospitals is
essential for the time-bound and safe vaccination. Seeking to
coordinate the activities related to the immunisation
programme at the private hospitals, several meetings have been
conducted under the aegis of senior health department
officials at the district level,” an official statement said.

Several private medical facilities have come forward
to cooperate with the vaccination drive and its follow-up
measures would be taken as per the guidelines of the Centre,
it added.

Everyone above 60 years of age and those over 45 years
with comorbidities would be able to get the COVID-19 vaccine
from March 1 for free at government facilities and for a
charge at a number of private hospitals, the Centre had said
last week.

These beneficiaries would be able to register
themselves on the Co-WIN platform from Monday itself, the
Centre said adding that there would also be a walk-in
provision for the beneficiaries to get themselves registered
at the session sites.

The second phase of the world”s largest vaccination
drive would start from Monday, in which anybody above 60
years, that may not be less than 10 crore people in the
country, and above 45 years with comorbidities would be
administered the vaccine at 10,000 government medical
facilities and over 20,000 private hospitals, Information and
Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar had said said on
Wednesday.PTI LGK SS
PTI PTI

Disclaimer :- This story has not been edited by Bollyinsidestaff and is auto-generated from news agency feeds. Source: PTI

News Highlights

  • According to the source, this news is about COVID-19 : Ker dismisses reports on excluding private hospitals from 2nd phase vaccination
  • Check all news and articles from the World news and latest updates.
Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team.
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
Bollyinside - US Local News & Breaking News Stories
Logo
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare
0