Editor’s Note: Community Posts are the place for community announcements and event posts. If you have a community driven event that interests you, please submit it here.
The 9th Annual MKE Business Now Entrepreneurship Summit, hosted by Alderman Milele A. Coggs, will take place this Saturday, January 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The MKE Business Now Entrepreneurship Summit, a city-sanctioned event, is organized to support the growth of local entrepreneurship and help innovators drive economic development, neighborhood reinvestment and job creation. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the event will take place virtually this year and will include workshops to educate budding entrepreneurs on the resources available to help them succeed in their business operations. The event is sponsored by Historic King Drive Business Improvement District # 8, the city’s Office of Equity and Inclusion, and Alderwoman Coggs.
“Whether you are looking to grow or start a business, the MKE Business Now Entrepreneurship Summit can help connect you with valuable resources as well as the knowledge of local business owners. I hope anyone interested in entrepreneurship takes advantage of this incredible opportunity, especially as businesses continue to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, ”said Alderwoman Coggs.
This year’s Virtual Summit will be broadcast live on City Channel (Channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and Channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) and via video streaming on the site City web at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25. Business Resource Kits will be available at select branches of the Milwaukee Public Library starting next week.
Workshops for the event include:
• 10:00 am – Navigating COVID: Review of Best Practices for Business Security for Their Employees. Presented by the City of Milwaukee Department of Health and the Hmong Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce.
• 11:00 am – Business Resources: COVID Response and Beyond (Financial Support for Your Business). Presented by Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC), Wisconsin African American Chamber of Commerce, Kiva Greater Milwaukee, and Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC).
• 12 noon – Chaos + Creativity: Marketing Through Mayhem. Presented by Ebony Ssali – Brand & Creative Director, Ssali Media Group.
The MKE Business Now Entrepreneurship Summit will also feature a 1 p.m. panel discussion with current business owners. The panel will be moderated by Chauntel McKenzie – CEO and Senior Strategist The PowHER Network. Panelists include: Anthony Kazee – Principal, KG Developer Group; Nyesha Stone – Founder, Carvd N Stone; Tonda Thompson – Owner of Vogue Dreams, LLC, She Slangs Wood Co. and lead organizer of HaRUNBee Walk / Run; Christine Tackes – Owner / Operator, Nylah Rose Boutique; Taj Pearsall – Franchise Owner / Operator, Buffalo Boss Wings & Things; and JohnRae Stowers – Owner and Stylist, JazzyRae Jewelry and Accessories.
News Highlights Politics
- According to the source Message from the community: The MKE Business Now Entrepreneurship Summit will take place on Saturday, January 30
- Check all news and articles from the Politics news updates.
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Most Viewed