LANSING, Michigan (AP) – As of February 1, Michigan restaurants and bars can reopen for dining at 25% capacity – with a curfew – and concessions can resume at casinos, cinemas and stadiums, Governor Gretchen Whitmer said on Friday.
The state’s health department’s coronavirus restrictions have been revised again amid a continuing decline in cases and hospitalizations. They will be in effect for three weeks, until February 21.
The Democratic governor announced last week that restaurants would likely be able to serve restaurant customers from February 1 after a two-and-a-half-month ban.
“The break worked,” she says.
The order of the director of health and social services, Robert Gordon, limits capacity to 25% – less than the 50% cap in effect from June to November – with a maximum of 100 people. Bars and restaurants are to close at 10 p.m. and collect customer contact information for tracing.
Food establishments can participate voluntarily in a new national ventilation inspection program, through which they can be certified as optimizing airflow. Whitmer has proposed funding for participating restaurants.
The order also relaxes restrictions on gathering so that two families can go to the movies or play together; increases the capacity limit for stadiums with more than 10,000 seats to 500, instead of 250; and allows personal care services when a mask needs to be removed, such as facials.
Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Register now to get the most recent headlines on coronavirus and other local and national important news sent daily to your inbox.
News Highlights Politics
- According to the source Michigan: Restaurants Can Open at 25% Capacity, With Curfew | Govt. & Politics
- Check all news and articles from the Politics news updates.
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Most Viewed