PROVIDENCE – The US Senate is set to vote this week, possibly as early as Tuesday, to confirm Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo as Commerce Secretary to President Joseph R. Biden.
His resignation as governor may be only a few hours away.
As she leaves the Rhode Island political scene in the middle of her second term, Raimondo leaves behind a heap of unfinished business for her successor: Lieutenant Governor Dan McKee.
The list includes:
* A yawning budget deficit estimated at somewhere between $ 329 million and $ 513 million that stems, in large part, from “the extensive use of one-time funds,” according to a new legislative analysis.
* A battle between competing groups to get the priority of a COVID vaccine.
* The takeover by the State of the Providence schools.
* A potentially massive change in the state …
News Highlights Business
- Headline: Raimondo leaves work on hold for new Governor McKee
- Check all news and articles from the Business news updates.