Nevadawest / Creative Commons
- A new paper offers a fully physically produced model for the warp drive.
- It builds on an existing model that requires negative energy – an impossibility.
- The new model is exciting, but the speed of warping is probably still decades or centuries away.
In a surprising new paper, scientists say they’ve developed a physical model for warp training, which goes against what we have long thought of the crazy concept of warp speed travel: that it requires alien and negative forces.
➡ You like our badass universe. U.S. too. Let’s explore it together.
To better understand what this breakthrough means, you’ll need a quick crash course in the distant idea of traveling in folded space.
The familiar term “warp drive” comes from science fiction, notably Star Trek. The Federation’s faster-than-light warp drive works by collision of matter and antimatter and converts explosive energy into propulsion. Star Trek suggests that this extraordinary power alone pushes the ship at speeds faster than light.
Scientists have been studying and theorizing faster-than-light space travel for decades. A big…
Read Additional From Source
Copyright @ www.popularmechanics.com
News Highlights Space
- Headline: Scientists say physical distortion drive is now possible
- Check all news and articles from the Space news information updates.