Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Advertisment -
HomeNewsFire in Kingstowne may have been started by a laptop

Fire in Kingstowne may have been started by a laptop

Thursday, December 1 at 2:00 PM: Twenty-four hours a day, the unit was dispatched to a reported residential fire in his 7200 block of Devereux Courthouse in the Kingstown neighborhood of Fairfax County. Fairfax County Fire and Rescue he arrived at the site of a two-story single-family home and the fire spread from the attached garage to the roof. Fire department officials said the fire was quickly discovered and extinguished. Five residents were in the home at the time of the fire, but no injuries have been reported to residents or firefighters. Residents heard a loud “bang” coming from the garage.

Upon investigation, the occupants found smoke and fire in the garage. All residents left their homes and called 9-1-1. Smoke detectors were in the house, but not in the garage. Smoke detectors were not activated due to the location of the fire. Fire investigators determined the fire was accidental and started on a workbench in the garage. The fire was caused by an electrical event involving the laptop. Five prisoners were evacuated by fire. Red Cross assistance was offered and refused. Fire damage totaled approximately $43,750.

News Summary:

  • Fire in Kingstowne may have been started by a laptop
  • Check all news and articles from the latest Security news updates.
RELATED ARTICLES

Latest

- Advertisment -