Philips Ingenia Ambition X 1.5T RM scanner
25 January 2021
- 5-year alliance to provide Vithas Group with cutting-edge diagnostic imaging, image visualization solutions and minimally invasive intervention technology to deliver faster and more accurate diagnosis and treatment to patients
- Vithas will become a “ benchmark technology partner ” for Philips in Spain, giving it quick access to advances and innovations developed by Philips before they go to market
- New enterprise-wide diagnostic imaging network will support unified work among more than 100 radiologists to facilitate efficient workflow and research, as well as to enable patients to view safely their diagnostic reports and images on PCs and mobile devices.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Madrid, Spain – Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), a global leader in healthcare technology, and Vithas Group, Spain’s second-largest private healthcare group, have today signed a 5-year innovation and collaboration agreement in the fields of precision diagnosis and image-guided intervention. The agreement will allow hospitals and medical centers of the Vithas group to benefit from the latest innovations in diagnostic imaging technology, health informatics and equipment for minimally invasive interventional procedures. The hospitals and clinics of the Vithas group provide advanced healthcare and medical care in thirteen provinces in seven autonomous regions of Spain.
Under the terms of the agreement, Philips will provide a technology management model that will ensure that Vithas Group’s current and future health technology needs in relevant areas are met, as well as the associated maintenance needs, updating and renewal of equipment and systems. This business model will allow Vithas Group to achieve better results, provide optimal care at a lower cost and provide a better experience for its patients and healthcare professionals.
In addition, Vithas will become a “benchmark technology partner” for Philips in Spain, which means that its hospitals and medical centers will be able to implement the new advances and innovations developed by Philips, before the standard commercialization of these solutions in Spain.
“This new alliance with Philips integrates cutting-edge technology, healthcare excellence, innovation and research, which are the fundamental pillars on which we support our commitment to always strive for the best experience for our patients,” said said Dr Pedro Rico, CEO of Vithas Group. “In addition, our professionals will have the most advanced technological solutions at all times, which will strengthen the quality of care and facilitate their research work.
“We are very excited about the trust placed in Philips and confident that through this collaboration agreement Vithas will have all the technology and innovation necessary to continue to achieve the best health outcomes and the best experience for its patients. and its healthcare professionals, ”said Juan Sanabria, President of Philips Ibérica. “We are proud to become the technological partner and strategic ally of a group as important as Vithas.”
The most advanced diagnostic imaging technology The agreement includes the replacement of the existing MR imaging equipment of the Vithas Group with the latest innovative MRI systems from Philips, which stand out for their image quality and patient comfort , and because they do not consume helium, also stand out for their durability. Philips will also install hybrid operating room solutions, including its latest ceiling-mounted live image guidance system for minimally invasive interventional therapy, enabling Vithas hospitals …
- According to the source Philips and Spanish healthcare group Vithas sign strategic agreement to integrate Philips’ most advanced technologies into Vithas hospitals and clinics
- Check all news and articles from the tech news updates.
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Most Viewed