In this news, we discuss the Twitter rolls out Topics in India to help users talk about their interests .
Twitter On Thursday, announced the deployment of Topics to make it easier for Indian users to interact, find and follow what they like. Twitter now has a dedicated page which includes topics such as arts and culture, careers, entertainment, fashion and beauty, among others. Users can click the following button next to the topic to get updates based on their interests.
Twitter in his blog said that the new feature allows people to get more tweets, posts of the topic of their interest in their feed. Topics also allow users to connect with followers who have similar interests and have discussions on their favorite topics. In this way, they can also extend the reach of their profile and become more visible.
Speaking of the new feature, Manish Maheshwari, MD, Twitter India, “India is an important market for Twitter. We want to enhance the value of the service for Indian audiences by giving them more control over what they want to see on their timeline. Topics will allow people to interact with the content they like and find people with similar interests, allowing them to choose their feed. The addition of Hindi topics demonstrates our commitment to the diversity of conversations across languages. We are excited to see these dynamic conversations blossom on Twitter in India.”
Interestingly, English is not the only language in which the topics will be available. Twitter Also launches Hindi threads in which users will be able to view Tweets in Devanagari script, as well as Hindi speech, typed in Roman alphabet. Some featured Hindi topics for India include cities like Agra (), Patna () and Pune (), general interests like animals (), horoscope (), poetry () and Technology (), Sports () teams and individuals as well as entertainment topics like movies ().
However, to access topics in Hindi, a user will need to set their device’s language to Hindi. Only then will you be introduced with various topics in Hindi. Hindi is the seventh language to be added to the subject list. Besides Hindi, topics are also available in English, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and Korean.
Here’s how to find and follow a topic on Twitter
– Open it Twitter from your Android or iOS device: when opening the application, click on the icon with three horizontal lines at the top left
– You will see topics, tap on it and a list of suggested topics will appear in front of you.
– Tap on follow buttons next to topics according to your interests
– If you want to explore more topics. Click on “More topics”
Twitter On Thursday, announced the deployment of Topics to make it easier for Indian users to interact, find and follow what they like.
- Twitter On Thursday announced the deployment of Topics to facilitate interaction for Indian users.
- Twitter now has a dedicated page which includes topics such as arts and culture, careers, entertainment, fashion and beauty, among others.
- witter also launches Hindi threads in which users will be able to view Devanagari scripted Tweets.