The following is an open letter from 68 leaders participating in the Health Policy Consensus Group. The full list of signatories follows the letter.
Democrats in Congress have proposed a COVID-19 Relief Bill this includes provisions to dramatically increase government subsidies for health care coverage for millions of people who already have insurance while further expanding government control over health care.
Legislation would increase government payments to insurance companies by more than two years via the Affordable Care Act by:
- Even elimination of de minimis premium payments required of people earning less than 150% of the federal poverty line.
- Pay more than the premium for those who earn above this amount.
- New health coverage for Americans with the highest incomes.
Most of the premium subsidy expenses will be paid to insurers on behalf of people already covered. The bill would subsidize 85% of premiums for employees to continue COBRA coverage until September. It also gives states that have not extended Medicaid to cover able-bodied adults a five percentage point increase in federal matching funds for traditional Medicaid recipients for …
Read Additional From Source
Copyright @ www.heritage.org
News Highlights Finance
- Headline: The new push to expand the role of government in health care will not work. Here is how we can help Americans instead.
- Check all news and articles from the Health news information updates.
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Most Viewed