Ralf-Gordon Jahns, Managing Director of R2G
For many businesses, 2020 has been a devastating year due to the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic. If the same is true for the digital health sector, the pandemic has also paved the way for unexpected and extraordinary business opportunities in 2021.
In 2020, digital health start-ups and more established businesses suffered, as did other businesses in various industries. We have seen governments set up bailout funds for start-ups, including those that provide services for the health sector.
On the other hand, the pandemic has been an accelerator in integrating digital health solutions with traditional health systems around the world. This has created new business opportunities for a range of digital health services directly linked to the pandemic, which will last through 2021 and beyond. What are these segments that offer significant business opportunities for the digital health industry in 2021?
Top 5 Business Opportunities That Offer Substantial Business Opportunities for the Digital Health Industry in 2021:
1) COVID-19 Surveillance and Quarantine Management, Vaccination Symptom Tracking and Return-to-Work Digital Health Services: The Marketplace has been launched by companies like Salesforce, Verily, and hundreds of other digital health who quickly transferred their products into COVID-19 tools. The main target groups for these solutions are governance bodies or hospitals.
With the expected decline in new infections in 2021, the focus will be on digital health applications.
– Return to work services: Return to work services will flourish. Digital health solutions have been selling to employers for years, but during today’s return-to-work efforts, the employer channel has never been more responsive. Technology is being developed and customized to meet essential employee needs. Countless numbers of employers around the world are in need of tools and services to enable the safe return of their staff to offices and factories. This includes medical screening before entering the workplace, monitoring services such as sensors that track biometrics and alerting of a change in health status, contact tracing, testing, solutions for employee safety training, communication between employees and employers, mental and emotional health services, solutions for employers to track occupational and community health data, and management of return to work processes.
– Symptom monitoring services for vaccination campaigns targeting CROs, pharmaceuticals, government agencies, hospitals like Self Care Catalyst or Well Me will come to the fore as the world demands. It will be big.
– Immunization administration support services: Further opportunities will arise as providers have to administer the most complex immunization initiative in history. Service offerings include identifying eligible patients for the vaccine, scheduling appointments and reminders for a second dose, while sharing data with the provider’s EHR to help them track their vaccinated patients. Notable Health and Zocdoc are two of the first companies to have recently adopted their service offerings to serve this market.
2) Telehealth Services: The second wave has again increased the level of adoption and use of telehealth around the world. The share of telehealth visits reached more than 10% (R2G research 2020) in most of the …
News Highlights Business
- According to the source Top 5 Business Opportunities for Digital Health Companies in 2021. Where’s the Money? –
- Check all news and articles from the Business news updates.
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Most Viewed