Amazon Managed Blockchain is a fully-managed cloud service that simplifies creating and managing scalable, flexible, and secure blockchain networks, whether you want to join public networks or build your private network. It leverages open source frameworks like Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum, so you can focus on building blockchain applications that enable multiple parties to transact without relying on a central authority.
Building blockchain networks used to be challenging and time-consuming, requiring manual provisioning of hardware, software installations, certificate management, and network component configuration. Once networks went live, stakeholders had to continuously monitor it to adjust to changing needs, such as handling more transaction requests or adding or shedding network members. With Amazon Managed Blockchain, starting a blockchain network is easy, with launch times taking minutes instead of days or weeks. You can also scale your blockchain network with just a few clicks depending on application usage using APIs that enable you to create new nodes.
Features of Amazon Managed Blockchain
- It’s fully managed, eliminating the need to configure, launch and manage the infrastructure of your network
- Choose from Hyperledger Fabric or Ethereum frameworks
- Scalability through the APIs that enable quick creation of network nodes
- Use Amazon KMS to secure Digital Identity certificates
- Built using QLDB technology for peace of mind and reliability
Benefits of Amazon Managed Blockchain
- Stay secure and implement best security practices with no SC staff available
- Ability to manage multiple AWS accounts, and monitor and adapt networks’ infrastructure to changing needs through the network’s life cycle
- Ability to replicate network activity to Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB)
- Scale blockchain networks incrementally based on application usage
- Access to Amazon Managed Blockchain through the management console, CLI or SDK
- No upfront commitment as you pay for what you use
Is Amazon Managed Blockchain available in all AWS regions?
No. Currently, it’s available only in the US East (North Virginia) Region.
Why do I need to use Amazon Managed Blockchain?
If you want to build scalable and secure blockchain networks without the hassle of infrastructure management, Amazon Managed Blockchain is your go-to solution. It streamlines the process, while allowing you to record immutable transaction patterns securely and transparently, implement decentralized apps, and decentralize trust.
How do I get started with Amazon Managed Blockchain?
Getting started with Amazon Managed Blockchain is easy. Go to the AWS Management Console, search for Managed Blockchain and follow the set-up instructions, from creating a network to inviting members. You can also use a command-line interface, or SDK to set up and operate your blockchain network.
Final thoughts: Build Blockchain Applications with Amazon Managed Blockchain
Amazon Managed Blockchain takes the complexity out of blockchain infrastructure management, allowing developers to focus more on leveraging blockchain technology for their applications instead of worrying about network infrastructure. It’s the perfect solution for businesses and enterprises looking to build custom, scalable blockchain solutions. The platform provides a flexible and scalable environment for building applications that leverage blockchain technology using Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum, ideal for banking, finance, and supply chain industries.