QIC-EX, short for Quarter Inch Cartridge Extra, is a magnetic tape cartridge from Verbatim that has a larger capacity than regular tapes. It is designed for older DC-2000 and Travan drives and is available in both .25″ and .315″ tape formats. With QIC-EX, you can store more data in a single cartridge and save on storage space and costs.
- Deeper cartridge to handle longer tape
- Available in .25″ and .315″ tape formats
- Compatible with older DC-2000 and Travan drives
- More data storage capacity than regular tapes
- Cost-effective and space-saving storage solution
What is the difference between QIC-EX and regular QIC cartridges?
QIC-EX cartridges have a deeper cartridge to accommodate longer tape and thus have a higher capacity than regular QIC cartridges.
What drives are compatible with QIC-EX?
QIC-EX is designed for older DC-2000 and Travan drives.
Is QIC-EX a cost-effective solution for data storage?
Yes, QIC-EX offers a cost-effective and space-saving storage solution compared to other older storage options.