This tutorial is about How to Download and Install Windows Updates Manually. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Download and Install Windows Updates Manually. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to Download and Install Windows Updates Manually
Keeping your software up to date is an important measure of Internet security. Most programs update automatically by default, but you need to know how to check for updates and start the process yourself. Knowing how to keep your software up to date will help you improve the stability and security of your computer, as well as learn about new features so you can be an informed and competent user. Most of us use Microsoft Update to keep our Windows 11/10/8/7 operating system and Microsoft software up to date.
However, if for some reason you want to manually download updates and save them to your computer, in most cases Windows Updates will install automatically without the user having to do anything. However, in some cases, Windows 10 may not download and install cumulative updates (monthly updates) or virus definitions for Windows Defender. If you’re having problems with Windows Update or have multiple PCs, you should use the Windows Update Catalog to manually download and install Windows updates. In this article, we explain the steps to manually install Windows 10 Cumulative Updates if you’re unable to do so through the normal Windows update process.
How to download and install Windows updates manually
How to download cumulative updates
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Search for the update using the KB number for the update you want. For example, KB3194798.
- Click the Download button for the 64-bit or 32-bit version of the update. If you don’t know your system type, do the following:
- Open configuration.
- Click System.
- Click About.
- See System Type.
- A popup will appear with a direct download link, click on it to download the .msu file.
How to install cumulative updates
- Use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the power user menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- wusa C:PATH-TO-UPDATEUPDATE-NAME.msu /quiet /norestart
Final remarks: How to Download and Install Windows Updates Manually
I hope you understand this article, How to Download and Install Windows Updates Manually. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.