Assume you’re playing The Sims 4 on your laptop, PC, or whatever device you’re using. You are very excited to spend the rest of the night relaxing while playing this popular simulation game. Everything is going swimmingly until your screen appears to freeze. You shake your mouse and click on the screen, but nothing happens. The Sims game screen remains completely still no matter what you do. When Sims 4 freezes, it is not an uncommon occurrence and can occur to any PC gamer, regardless of what they are playing. The worst part is losing all of your progress, which no one wants to face. This article is about how to Fix The Sims 4 Freezing.
Because of the game’s enormous popularity, the developers have released eleven expansion packs that help the gameplay feel fresh. They’ve also added new features such as swimming pools and terrain tools. However, not everything appears to be going as planned. Since the Pronouns update, Sims 4 players have reported that the game has been freezing or lagging. Below we have mention the steps to resolve The Sims 4 Freezing.
4 Ways to Fix Freezing Issue in The Sims 4
Run The Sims 4 in Compatibility Mode
- Right-click The Sims 4 and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Select Run this program as an administrator and disable full-screen optimizations.
- Click Apply and OK to save
- Restart Windows PC and then press the F2 and Del keys to enter the BIOS.
- Go to Advanced > Performance.
- Select the Overclocking option and disable it.
- Save changes and exit BIOS.
Repair Game Files
- In Origin, go to My Game Library.
- Right-click The Sims 4 and click Repair.
- Wait for the system to do its job and then restart the game.
Run the Game as an administrator
- Right click on The Sims 4 exe shortcut file on your computer.
- Now select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Be sure to click to select the Run this program as an administrator check box.
- Click Apply and choose OK
So, here we conclude our article on methods to Fix Freezing Issue in The Sims 4. Fortunately, an EA Community Manager commented on the issue, stating that the Sims 4 development team is aware of the freezing and lagging issues that occurred following the Pronouns update and that it is currently being investigated. If you are facing the similar issues and want to know how to resolve this problem thenfollow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix The Sims 4 Freezing.