This blog is about the How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this blog How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. If your answer is yes then please do share.
The How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10
Windows 10 rolled out with a free upgrade period. Users who installed the GWX app were given priority status for free and automatic upgrades. But Microsoft officially halted free upgrades early on.
However, from this point on, you can still upgrade your Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free.
Can you upgrade for free
Officially, the free Windows 10 upgrade program hasn’t been available for some time. Microsoft shut down the program on July 29. However, Windows 10 remained available for free for over a year after that for those who rely on assistive technology to use Windows.
During the extension period, which lasted until January 16, all other Windows 8.1 users were also eligible for the free upgrade. This is because Microsoft did not actually check if a user needed assistive technology. It was based on an honor system, and some claimed it was just Microsoft’s workaround to complaints from its various OEM partners who were against long periods of free upgrades.
At the end of the extension period, the page simply informed users that the offer was no longer available. Those who upgraded during the initial and extension periods needed a digital license to unlock their copy of Windows 10.
The license was available for free and there does not appear to be an expiration date. Users can obtain their license from Windows Activation Servers. Those who decide to upgrade now will also automatically get their digital licenses.
Therefore, it is still possible to upgrade to Windows 10 for free despite the expiration of the free upgrade period. There are two ways to do this, which are as follows.
You can upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 through the Windows Update feature in Control Panel. Let’s see how it’s done.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and X keys or right-click the Windows Start icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Select the Control Panel option from the context menu.
- Then click on the Windows Update link. It is located at the bottom of the list.
- In the Windows Update window, click Get Started to start the upgrade.
- Windows will present the license agreement to you. Click Accept to accept it.
- Then you will have the option to postpone the upgrade; you have 72 hours at your disposal. If you don’t want to wait, you can skip the schedule and continue with the upgrade process.
- When the upgrade process goes automatically, which may take some time, so be patient. During the process, your computer will restart several times.
- When completed, a welcome screen will greet you. To complete Windows 10 setup, follow the onscreen instructions.
- Then you will be able to choose your Windows settings. If you opt for the Use Express settings option, the installer will load the default Windows 10 settings. You can also click on the Customize settings option and adjust the settings as desired.
- It will also walk you through the rest of the setup, including calibrating Cortana.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be able to sign in with the same credentials as on Windows 8.1.
- Give Windows a moment or two to configure all the apps. Once it’s done, you’ll see the home screen.
By default, automatic updates will be enabled. However, if you want to update your Windows 10 right away, open Settings, select Update & security, and click Check for updates.
There is another way to get a free upgrade to Windows 10. This will require you to manually download the configuration tool from the official Microsoft site.
- Launch your preferred browser and navigate to the Windows 10 download page.
- Find the Download Tool Now button and click on it.
- Once downloaded, run it.
- The app will ask you how to do this. If you want to upgrade the current computer, select the Upgrade this PC now radio button and click Next. The app will walk you through the same setup process as described in Method 1. Start from step 6.
- If you want to upgrade another computer, select the second option and click Next. You can create an image file or save Windows 10 files to a bootable USB drive.
- If you’ve chosen to upgrade the computer you’re on, the app will automatically install Windows 10 and walk you through the setup process.
Note that Windows will not ask you to provide a product key. Instead, you will automatically get a digital license. To confirm this, launch Settings, select Update & Security, and click Activation.
The license is computer-bound, which means that you can uninstall and reinstall this same copy of Windows on this computer as many times as you want.
Is the license valid
There is a lot of confusion about the validity of the digital license. Microsoft has always been a bit vague about the free upgrade package, leaving many users unsure of what’s really going on and when the license will expire at some point.
At first glance, digital licenses issued by Windows Activation Servers do not expire. After all, when Windows 10 was released, the industry hadn’t yet fully embraced the subscription model, and many licenses were permanent. More importantly, the free version of Windows 10 performs well for all intents and purposes.
Enjoy Windows 10
With the methods described in this article, you will be able to get a copy of Windows 10 on your computer for free, even though the official free upgrade periods have long expired. Judging by the way things are going, that doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon.
Did you upgrade to Windows 10 after the free upgrade period expired? If so, the community would like to know what your first impression of the operating system is and if you have encountered any issues since.
Benefits: How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10
- The How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 guide is free.
FAQ: How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10
[wpsm_accordion_section title=”What is this blog about?”]
In this guide, I told you about the How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
[wpsm_accordion_section title=”How this blog helping you?”]
In this blogging guide, we discuss about the How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, which is very helpful for knowledge fun fact purpose.
[wpsm_divider top=”2px” bottom=”15px” style=”fadeout”]
Blog Conclusion: How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10
If you have any queries regards this blog about the How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Knowledge: This blog is just for knowledge purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about this blog or want to update it “How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add more tips: If anyone wants to add more tips related to this blog How To Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.