It’s not a good idea to keep a Valorant name after you’ve broken up with your “Her Jett” partner, so here’s how to Change Your Name in Valorant. Riot wants to be involved in all kinds of games, so they’ve changed how their name change method works. Riot is in charge of games like Valorant, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and Wild Rift. This means that a simple name change can have a big effect on everything.
Our game bosses say that Riot accounts are the way of the future. Gamers no longer need a different account for each game; they only need to use one. How you change your name in Valorant is different from how you change your name in League of Legends or any other Riot game. You can change your name for free, but you have to wait a few months before you can do it again.
Reasons to Change Your Name in Valorant
- Clarity and Recognition: A player’s name should be unique and easy for peers and opponents to remember. This will help them stand out in the game.
- Team Branding: Players on competitive teams might want to use similar nicknames to make the team feel more professional and united.
- Advantage in the game: Some players think that having a certain name can help them beat their opponents mentally. This could be a scary or intimidating name, or it could just be one that is hard to remember or say.
- Avoiding Bans: Players who have been kicked out of the video game for breaking the rules may need to change their name in order to make a new account and play again.
- Humor or Identity: Players may want a nickname that shows who they are, how funny they are, or how they act online. This could be a funny pun, a reference to their favorite figure or game, or something that shows what their culture is like.
- Avoiding Toxic Behavior: Unfortunately, there is a lot of toxic behavior in online games. If a player has been trolled or attacked, they may decide to change their name to stay away from more trouble. If you get more information about this game, than you can visit official website.
Requirements for Name Change in Valorant
- Unique Name: Your new name must not already be taken by another player.
- Length and Characters: The name must be between 3 and 16 characters long and can only contain alphanumeric characters (letters and numbers).
- No Offensive Content: The name must not contain any offensive or inappropriate language or symbols.
- No Special Characters: Only alphanumeric characters are allowed, excluding dashes and underscores.
- Availability of Riot Tag: Your desired Riot ID (combination of username and tagline) needs to be available. This means both the username and tagline have to be unique when used together.
How to Change Your Name in Valorant
- If you have Valorant open, close it.
- Sign in to your Riot account.
- Click on Riot ID.
- Press the pen icon next to your Valorant name.
- If you need to, set your new Valorant name and unique phrase.
Tips for Choosing a New Name in Valorant
- Personality: How do you want to come across? Are you serious and competitive? Funny and playful? Strange and interesting? Pick a name that fits your personality and makes you feel good about how you show yourself online.
- Interests: What are your interests when you’re not playing games? Putting your interests or hobbies into your name is a great way to make it unique and easy to remember.
- Humor: If you like to joke around or be playful, you could use a pun, humor, or funny reference in your name. Please make sure it’s not rude or insulting.
- Uniqueness: Make sure your name is unique and hasn’t already been taken by another player. The Riot ID checker can be used to make sure that the ID is available.
- Length and characters: Your name can be between 3 and 16 characters long, and it can only have letters and numbers.
Right now, you can change your Riot ID on your account page for free once every 30 days. You can change both your in-game name and tagline, which should help you remember them better.
On the accounts page, players can buy an extra name change, which costs about $10 USD in-game cash. As of November 20, Riot Points and Legends of Runeterra Coins will be the only in-game coins that can be used.
In-game, your friends will see your Summoner Name and Riot ID. That’s what people will see when they look at you and see your friend lists. You can’t change your login name, but you can change your Summoner Name or Riot ID. Your nickname or the way you log in will not change if you change your display name.