This tutorial is about How to Enable/Disable Wikipedia Dark Mode in Mobile and PC. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Enable/Disable Wikipedia Dark Mode in Mobile and PC. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to Enable/Disable Wikipedia Dark Mode in Mobile and PC
Wikipedia is one of the most popular open source websites, with information on a wide range of topics. Anyone can contribute new themes and tweak old ones, so all of this stuff is free and available. Wikipedia has about 53 million pages, of which more than 6 million are full articles. Wikipedia does not include ads and is accessible from any country in the world. In addition to the Wikipedia home page, an official app for iOS and Android phones is also available. However, one of the strange qualities of the Wikipedia home page is that all the articles are only available in a light style with a white background. In this post, we will show you how to remove white background from both Wikipedia website and Wikipedia app. In the end, you should be able to use a dark mode to view your favorite Wikipedia pages.
How to Enable Wikipedia Dark Mode on Mobile/PC
The app version of Wikipedia is available for Android and iOS devices, while devices running any operating system can access the website version. All of these versions of Wikipedia are set to Light mode by default. Many Wikipedia users are unaware of Dark Mode for Wikipedia and how to enable it. We recently shared how to turn on dark mode on Reddit, you can also check it out. So here we have all the information you need about Wikipedia dark mode and how to enable it on different devices. Wikipedia had recurring moments with many improvements and also allowed its users to access it through smartphone apps or even mobile browsers.
It is deeply integrated with Google, so you can extract information from Google search. You don’t necessarily have to go to the Wikipedia page. I remember when I was in college when I read a Wikipedia page and it led to other hyperlinks and a lot of knowledge. Now let’s see how to enable dark mode in Wikipedia on iOS, Android and also when using Wikipedia with a browser, preferably Google Chrome, for this tutorial.
Enable Wikipedia dark mode on Android
- Just like iOS, you need to install the Wikipedia app from the App Store and make sure it’s updated to the latest version before you can follow the steps below.
- Open the Wikipedia app and tap on the More tab in the bottom right corner.
- In the pop-up window that appears, choose Settings from the options.
- Under the Settings option, you will find many changes that you could make and you could also change the Theme. By default, the selected theme would be Light if you haven’t made any changes before.
- In the Application Theme section, under the Theme option, there will be four themes. Two light and two dark. The dark ones are one is dark gray and the other is pure black.
- So choose a dark theme according to your wish. If you choose to go with the dark gray theme, it would look like this image below.
Enable Wikipedia dark mode on PC
Since the Wikipedia website doesn’t have a dark mode feature on its own, we’ll have to use a Google Chrome extension to make this happen. If you are not familiar with Google Chrome extensions, they are small programs that are installed within Chrome to change or extend the functionality of the browser. An extension can add a new feature or update that improves the existing behavior of Google Chrome. You can also enable dark mode in Chrome browser.
- Go to the Google Chrome Extensions Store at https://chrome.google.com/webstore.
- Once you are there in the search section, type Night Mode.
- In the search results that appear, choose Night mode: For all websites.
- Once you are on the extensions page, choose Add to Chrome. This will download and install the extension on your Google Chrome browser. Not only this browser, it would be added to any browser that is logged in with Chrome Google account. Talk about time.
- Once done, it will automatically move your current websites to dark mode. Note that this extension applies dark mode to all sites you access through Google Chrome, if that’s annoying you may want to turn it on while opening Wikipedia or else everything will be dark.
- Open Wikipedia and voila, it is in dark mode as you can see in the image above.
Final remarks: How to Enable/Disable Wikipedia Dark Mode in Mobile and PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Enable/Disable Wikipedia Dark Mode in Mobile and PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.