Fix Windows Error Code Stop 0x0000004E- The Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) may be annoying, but it means there’s a problem that needs your attention. which is also called PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. This error means that the Page Frame Number (PFN) list, a key data structure used by the Windows Memory Manager, is broken.
The PFN list keeps track of each page of memory in your system, which helps Windows manage your PC’s resources well. This list can get messed up by a number of things, like broken hardware, old drivers, or even malicious software. This corruption can cause the dreaded 0x0000004E BSOD, as well as instability in the system and the loss of data. Fix Windows Error Code Stop 0x0000004E- you can visit Microsoft support center for further help..
Solutions: Windows Error Code Stop 0x0000004E
Use the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Press Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog box.
- Type mdsched.exe and hit Enter.
- The Windows Memory Diagnostic window will now open.
- Here, select Restart now and check for problems. And the tool will start running as your device restarts and automatically fix any errors found.
Run a Disk Cleanup on your Windows PC
- Start: go to the menu.
- Search: for “Disk Cleanup” or go there.
- Click: on it and it opens.
- Choose and check: the options you want to get rid of.
- Press: OK to begin.
- Close: the tab when you’re done.
Run an “SFC /SCANNOW” Command in the CMD
- Go to the start menu and click on “Search” or “Command Prompt.”
- Then, a pop-up box will appear. In that box, type the “sfc/scannow” command.
- Press the Enter key, and that’s it.
Scan your System for Viruses
- Go to start menu >settings > update and security > Windows defender
- Under “virus and threat protection” section, click on “Advance scan”
- Choose “Windows Defender offline scan” option
- Click “Scan now”
Install & Update all newly available Drivers
- Start by going to the menu.
- Look for something or go to the settings.
- Scroll down and click on “Windows Update.”
- Check to see if there are any new drivers.
- If there are any, update them quickly.
- You can also tell them to “Install updates automatically.”
- To that end, there, go to the left.
- Click on the “Change Settings” link.
- Choose “Install Updates Automatically” from the drop-down menu to set it up.
- Now, click the OK button to save the file.
Consult Microsoft Support Service
- Go to Microsoft Support Service.
- Enter your error code and message into the search field and follow the directions.
- If you don’t find a ready solution as the community where your query can be answered by a certified system administrator.
What causes the 0x0000004E BSoD error on Windows?
- Corrupted or incompatible system drivers: You may see this error if the device drivers on your PC are out of date or don’t work with the operating system. To fix the problem, make sure your drivers are up to date.
- Malware infection: Viruses on your computer can damage important system files and cause many problems, including this BSoD error. To fix this, you need to use an antivirus tool to do a deep scan.
- Problems with new hardware: Sometimes, problems like this stop error can be caused by incompatibilities with new hardware. Take out the part and see if the problem goes away.
- System files that are missing or broken: This could happen if your computer’s system files are broken. To fix the problem, you need to fix the system files.
- Bad Windows update: If this problem started right after you updated your operating system, you can fix it by uninstalling the update or looking for more updates.
The 0x4F BSOD indicates some kind of issue related to the network drivers (NDIS is an initialism for Network Driver Interface Specification), and the quickest way to fix a possible issue with network drivers is to simply replace (update) them.
It can pop up in various Windows versions, like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11, and typically results in a nasty blue screen of death.